Dana 60 Mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 60 Mods

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-18-2002, 06:39 PM   #1
Boggy Bottom

Dana 60 Mods

Does anyone here know what "exactly" is the Dana 60 mod to fit a CJ? I assume its nothing more than lopping off the axle tube ends to narrow it down some. I know that for putting a 60 into the front, that only trimming off one side is necessary because of the offset for the transfer case.

Unread 05-22-2002, 06:48 PM   #2
RustyCJ8

You can also get an off center diff dana 60 and cut just one side for a cj.jeferokhugr from the cj-8 forums has done this.Would save money as well,only having one side cut/resplined.I bought an old 78 J-20 for this reasonOffset axle in rear(D60/full floater/373 gears)30 sline though but still tough.Front is a hd44.I think the front would have to be cut on both sides.also they kinda suck being 8 lug and 16.5 inch rims...
I had planned on doing this to my 8...maybe one day...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.