Dana 300 rear bearing replacement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 300 rear bearing replacement?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Kenmo
1985 CJ7 

Dana 300 rear bearing replacement?

Can the rear inner and outer bearings be replaced without tearing down the whole case?
Looks as if the bearing cap is removed the rear shaft bearings and all come out.
Am I missing something?

I bought this CJ with a rear driveshaft 1/8" shorter than the distance between the yokes (didnt know). First bump offroad and the universal blew out. I had the shaft shortned.
I have bearing noise above 30mph in two high when under load, cannot hear it coasting the noise stops when I shift to 4 high.

Im going with the rear shaft bearings.

?

Kenmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.