Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Dana 300 Plug Source?

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  DougE 
#1 ·
On the top of the Dana 300 transfer case, just behind the shifter and in the top of the aluminum shifter casing, there are two holes. The passenger side hole has a single connector switch in it. Immediately to the driver's side there is a second hole that has a plug with gasket screwed into it. The plug is cheap, apparently pressed out of sheet metal. Does anyone have a source for this screw in plug? Is there a readily available substitute. I'm in the process of re-sealing this unit and the plug was damaged when I got it. The parts manuals show the switch but not the plug.

See less See more
#7 ·
I think these are what you are looking for and as mentioned, from McMaster-Carr. A pack of 25 of them for a little over 7 bucks. You can give the extra ones to your forum friends who may need them.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#3438t21/=17t1jtu

Attachments

#9 ·
Just check the thread size and count as they advertise that particular plug to fit 3/8 OD pipe. I don't see how that can be with a 9/16 thread unless it fits over the end of a 3/8 pipe. It also shows it to be UNF thread which is fine thread.

#10 ·
Here's what I ordered:
3438T21 Aluminum Round Plugs for Straight-Thread Tube Fittings, 9/16"-18 Thread Size, packs of 25
If it doesn't work I'm out about $7 as I combined it with a bolt order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.