Dana 300 double shifter Q... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 300 double shifter Q...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
string
1982 CJ7 

Dana 300 double shifter Q...

Hi all,

I have just installed a double shifter on my d300. Themain question is can I leave my hubs locked all the time? or should I still unlock them?

Thnks
Raul

string is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
JimNut
1986 CJ7 

Having twin sticks on your dana300 doesn't change the fact of having to unlock and lock in your hubs. You can run with them locked in all of the time with either shifters but you are just spinning components and gears in your front axle with out any real reason except for convenience of not having to get out of the jeep to engage them. Personally I usually leave them unlocked during the summer months and only engage them when I'm expecting to be using 4wd. during the winter I tend to leave them engaged more often just due to not always knowing when you might need to slap it into 4wd quickly.

The main benefit of having the twin sticks on the dana300 is being able to shift the axles independently. This will give you 4hi and 4lo in both 2wd and 4wd as well as the option to only put power to the front or rear axle as well.

JimNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
ksheffer08
1981 CJ7 

front dig FTW
ksheffer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
string
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNut View Post
Having twin sticks on your dana300 doesn't change the fact of having to unlock and lock in your hubs. You can run with them locked in all of the time with either shifters but you are just spinning components and gears in your front axle with out any real reason except for convenience of not having to get out of the jeep to engage them. Personally I usually leave them unlocked during the summer months and only engage them when I'm expecting to be using 4wd. during the winter I tend to leave them engaged more often just due to not always knowing when you might need to slap it into 4wd quickly.

The main benefit of having the twin sticks on the dana300 is being able to shift the axles independently. This will give you 4hi and 4lo in both 2wd and 4wd as well as the option to only put power to the front or rear axle as well.

Thnks!

I will keep locking / unlocking my hubs !
string is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.