Dana 30 Warn Hub Upgrade, Need New Hub!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 30 Warn Hub Upgrade, Need New Hub!!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
cjllong
1985 CJ7 

Dana 30 Warn Hub Upgrade, Need New Hub!!!

Help!

I posted a while back about the hub on my Dana 30 in my 85 CJ7. The wheel bearing blew up and the race spun inside the hub, rendering totally useless. In speaking with the guys at Randy's Ring and Pinion, (Who were extremely helpful and I would recommend them), I have learned that this particular hub from the Warn upgrade kit is NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!! They sent me one, which turned out to be the wrong one. In the photo, you will see the one on the left is the new one and the one on the right is the old one. I need to find the one on the right so I can get my Jeep back on the road! Any help is appreciated!

smaller-dana-30-hub-pic.jpg  
cjllong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
mvbrady
1986 CJ7 

You may be better off going back to stock spindles and hubs...
Would it be possible to have the Hub Randy sent....machined to work?

you might call Off Again Auto 505-325-5761...they might have one laying around.
good luck
mvbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
OrangeCJ-5

1978 CJ5 

Maybe someone here has an extra one available to buy? MoC comes to mind. Might want to pm him. Is there a machine shop around that might be able to repair your old one? They might be able to weld them up and machine them back to spec. I had the spindles on my Bronco repaired (knurled) because the inner race would spin on them and they are no longer available.
OrangeCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCJ-5 View Post
Maybe someone here has an extra one available to buy? MoC comes to mind. Might want to pm him. Is there a machine shop around that might be able to repair your old one? They might be able to weld them up and machine them back to spec. I had the spindles on my Bronco repaired (knurled) because the inner race would spin on them and they are no longer available.
I dont have any of the Warn hubs but I do have a few sets of 6 bolt OEM hubs and maybe one set of 5 bolt OEM hubs. Just shoot me a PM it you are interested.

MoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.