Dana 30 Qustion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 30 Qustion

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
trashmaster2k

Dana 30 Qustion

I have a 76 cj5 and i need a new ring,pinion and carrier. what years of jeep can i use parts from for my jeep?
Thanks
Dave

trashmaster2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

I dont really know the answer to your question but i will tell you this. If you are sticking with a stock ratio (something commonly found) then buy the time you buy the parts and have the gears set you will be better off buying a entire axle and just swapping them out.
even if you buy the parts used you still are going to have to have a master install kit and have to have the gears set....around here you are talking 150 to have them set plus 60 bucks at least for the install kit....

EDIT: i just looked it up for you....Looks like every D30 from 71-83 are the same
http://www.ringpinion.com/DiffDetail...tation%2bFront
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.