Dana 30 Qustion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 30 Qustion

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
trashmaster2k

Dana 30 Qustion

I have a 76 cj5 and i need a new ring,pinion and carrier. what years of jeep can i use parts from for my jeep?
Thanks
Dave

trashmaster2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

I dont really know the answer to your question but i will tell you this. If you are sticking with a stock ratio (something commonly found) then buy the time you buy the parts and have the gears set you will be better off buying a entire axle and just swapping them out.
even if you buy the parts used you still are going to have to have a master install kit and have to have the gears set....around here you are talking 150 to have them set plus 60 bucks at least for the install kit....

EDIT: i just looked it up for you....Looks like every D30 from 71-83 are the same
http://www.ringpinion.com/DiffDetail...tation%2bFront
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.