DANA 30/E-Locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > DANA 30/E-Locker

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
MrElPoderozo
1979 CJ7 

DANA 30/E-Locker

Hi guys! I need help in finding a good place to have install my E locker with new ring and Pinion. I live in Oak Creek, WI and I don't know of any place that would specialize on 4WD .Does anybody know a place close by that I can have them install the New Ring and pinion/E-Locker? I have the differential all apart right now cause im doing a complete overall,got the housing by it self so it is pretty easy to take it any where I want to, and its completely clean.Basically all I need is for them to do the Ring and pinion/E locker. I will do the rest. Does anybody knows a place close to me?Thanks.

MrElPoderozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

IF you are keeping the same ratio. WHY change the R&P??
LG
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
MrElPoderozo
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
IF you are keeping the same ratio. WHY change the R&P??
LG
I am not keeping the same R&P.I am going with Yukon 4.88,cause in the near future I am planing to use 35" tires(got 33" right now). I just need a place to take my DIF. housing to install the R&P on the E-locker. :0)
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

I'm run'n 4:88s with 33's and a T-5. Love the gears......
LG
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
CSP

I hope you marked the orientation of the bearing caps and which side each was on before you took it apart.

You don't need a specialty 4x4 shop to have someone knowledgable in ring and pinion installations. Rear wheel drive vehicles have them too and there are lots of mechanics not working in 4WD shops that have differential experience.

Find a local 4WD club and see if someone who's a member has a recommendation. There's a Great Lakes 4x4 forum with lots of members in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area that you might find help in as well. http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
MrElPoderozo
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
I'm run'n 4:88s with 33's and a T-5. Love the gears......
LG
That's great! Thanks for reassuring me on my choice,I appreciate that.
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
MrElPoderozo
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
I hope you marked the orientation of the bearing caps and which side each was on before you took it apart.

You don't need a specialty 4x4 shop to have someone knowledgable in ring and pinion installations. Rear wheel drive vehicles have them too and there are lots of mechanics not working in 4WD shops that have differential experience.

Find a local 4WD club and see if someone who's a member has a recommendation. There's a Great Lakes 4x4 forum with lots of members in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area that you might find help in as well. http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php
Yeah I did make sure that the bearing caps were stamped at the right place to match the housing.Thanks for the info I will check them out. :0)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.