post #1 of Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
MrElPoderozo
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oak crek
Posts: 91
DANA 30/E-Locker

Hi guys! I need help in finding a good place to have install my E locker with new ring and Pinion. I live in Oak Creek, WI and I don't know of any place that would specialize on 4WD .Does anybody know a place close by that I can have them install the New Ring and pinion/E-Locker? I have the differential all apart right now cause im doing a complete overall,got the housing by it self so it is pretty easy to take it any where I want to, and its completely clean.Basically all I need is for them to do the Ring and pinion/E locker. I will do the rest. Does anybody knows a place close to me?Thanks.

MrElPoderozo is offline  
post #2 of Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
LumpyGrits
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mojave Desert - Palmdale, Ca. U.S.A.
Posts: 5,883
IF you are keeping the same ratio. WHY change the R&P??
LG

Have'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men
LumpyGrits is offline  
post #3 of Old 08-30-2013, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
MrElPoderozo
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oak crek
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
IF you are keeping the same ratio. WHY change the R&P??
LG
I am not keeping the same R&P.I am going with Yukon 4.88,cause in the near future I am planing to use 35" tires(got 33" right now). I just need a place to take my DIF. housing to install the R&P on the E-locker. :0)
MrElPoderozo is offline  
post #4 of Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
LumpyGrits
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mojave Desert - Palmdale, Ca. U.S.A.
Posts: 5,883
I'm run'n 4:88s with 33's and a T-5. Love the gears......
LG

Have'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men
LumpyGrits is offline  
post #5 of Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM
CSP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15,224
I hope you marked the orientation of the bearing caps and which side each was on before you took it apart.

You don't need a specialty 4x4 shop to have someone knowledgable in ring and pinion installations. Rear wheel drive vehicles have them too and there are lots of mechanics not working in 4WD shops that have differential experience.

Find a local 4WD club and see if someone who's a member has a recommendation. There's a Great Lakes 4x4 forum with lots of members in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area that you might find help in as well. http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php
CSP is offline  
post #6 of Old 08-31-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
MrElPoderozo
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oak crek
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
I'm run'n 4:88s with 33's and a T-5. Love the gears......
LG
That's great! Thanks for reassuring me on my choice,I appreciate that.
MrElPoderozo is offline  
post #7 of Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
MrElPoderozo
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oak crek
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
I hope you marked the orientation of the bearing caps and which side each was on before you took it apart.

You don't need a specialty 4x4 shop to have someone knowledgable in ring and pinion installations. Rear wheel drive vehicles have them too and there are lots of mechanics not working in 4WD shops that have differential experience.

Find a local 4WD club and see if someone who's a member has a recommendation. There's a Great Lakes 4x4 forum with lots of members in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area that you might find help in as well. http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php
Yeah I did make sure that the bearing caps were stamped at the right place to match the housing.Thanks for the info I will check them out. :0)
MrElPoderozo is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome