Dana 20 transfer case spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 20 transfer case spacers

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-25-2003, 03:51 AM   #1
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Dana 20 transfer case spacers

Hi all.

I posted a few weeks ago about a leak I was having on the transfer case.

I have a new question.

I found the leak by cleaning the entire transfer case top to bottom(a lot easier to do this with the body off) I then drained the fluid, filled it up with new fluid and waited for the new clearer fluid to puddle up.

I then found what appears to be the leak and it is coming from the back of the transfer case below the plate on the back. I removed the 4 bolts holding it on and found the 3 shims that are in there to have some cracks in it. It appears that the 3 shims are slightly larger then the next.

So my question is this. Does this go back on with or without some rtv gasket sealer?

If anyone has any idea, I would appreciate it. I would like to fix this up this weekend before I yank the motor and blast the frame and axles.

Thanks,
cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.