Dana 20 output yoke with no seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dana 20 output yoke with no seal

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
CJ Runner
1978 CJ5 

Dana 20 output yoke with no seal

I just received a Tom Woods double cardan rear drive shaft for my CJ5 with Dana 20 transfer case and AMC 20 axle. To make the driveshaft work I had to get a new output yoke on the dana 20 rear output to mate up with the rear drive shaft. The yoke doesn't come with a seal/dust cover to protect dirt from getting into the transfer case. Does anyone know where to buy one?

Also when I install the new yoke on the transfer case do I have to take out the old thrush washer and replace with a new one or can I just toque down the new yoke?

T-150 3 Speed Transmission
CJ Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

If you can find one that fits the yolk and not interfere/rub the seal go ahead,
If not toss the shield and run it seal only.
Now would be a great time to install a new seal.
Sorry to hear you got shafted!
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.