Custom Qtrac shifter ideas???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Custom Qtrac shifter ideas????

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Custom Qtrac shifter ideas????

Just swapped a YJ tub onto my CJ project and as of right now, there is obviously no hole for my Qtrac low range shifter. Being that it is normally a shifter that "snaps" into a hole in the floor, I was wondering if anyone has made any different styles of shifters. I would love to make something that has a lever coming out next to the gear selector (TH400 w/ B&M Ratchet shifter on the floor), but don't know how I would mount it to the trans, and I am afraid the body will be too weak to mount a shifter assembly to. Any ideas? Oh, also, all I have for it is the actual shifter lever itself with the plastic piece that fits inside the body hole. Evidently there is an extra mounting bracket that holds it in place that I don't have, so any help on that would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks!

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
garbageman
1976 CJ7 

Go over to ifsja.org and search. A lot of fsj have done a cable conversion for the quadratrac. Also, if you need shifter parts look to fsj in the junkyard. 76-80
garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Totallymetal
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have one I made from 3/8 allthread. It goes through the floor under the driver's seat out of the way. I will get out there and snap a couple of pictures.

The attached drawing may/may not give you an idea of what I did. It works great...

2007 JK Rubicon
5.5 Rock Krawler X-factor lift w/37 x 12.5 x 17 BFG KM2s, 5.13 Superior gears
Warn Powerplant HD

Totallymetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.