Custom Motor Mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Custom Motor Mounts

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
copauls863
1982 CJ7 

Custom Motor Mounts

Has anyone every built custom mounts for their cj7/4.2 or 4.0? ive got a 4.0 swap in there now and when i had the 4.2 it seemed like it went through motor mounts faster than it should, like 1 side every six months or so, not that i changed them that as they broke but anyways... it wasnt the rubber... it was the little tab on the side that would keep cracking so what I have been thinking is maybe go with the more mounts that they offer the bombproof or whatever... or since it looks so simple maybe give it a go at building some? I really like the more's design/concept on them, seems like they would work alot better, but I just am being cheap now hahaha

let me know your thoughts or if you have done this yourself
thanks all

copauls863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Man, my question would be more of why are you breaking motor mounts period? It isn't that easy to pop a motor mount. Makes me wonder about loading etc. and if that is the type of wheeling you do I would definitely go with the bombproof style.

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
copauls863
1982 CJ7 

Exactly but I have no idea bc I hardly ever take it wheeling maybe a few times each summer other than that drive it daily and hunting but nothing to crazy there just the occasional rough road. .
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

My jeep has been through 2 of my brothers and now me. 30 years with the same motor mounts. You need someone more qualified than me to answer this one. Makes me wonder about your tranny skid plate mounting and if it is bolted up right or if it is putting undue stress on your mounts. Can you post up some good pics from underneath?

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
bridger04
1980 CJ7 

I contemplated fabing my own motor mounts for the same issue with my 4.0 swap and in the end I found it much easier and less stress to just purchase the more mounts and be done with it...haven't had a single issue since installed. Great product
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
copauls863
1982 CJ7 

Ok I'll think about it, might have to break out the pocket book ha ha. They pretty easy to install? No issues?
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
bridger04
1980 CJ7 

Install is pretty straight forward.... yeah price tag sucks but if you figure your time spent fabing and obtaining material its a wash, between 3 dogs, a 1.5 year old daughter and self employment... I value my time

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.