Custom Audio for '79 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Custom Audio for '79 CJ7

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
kosburn
1979 CJ7 

Custom Audio for '79 CJ7

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of restoring a CJ7 and have begun to consider a replacement dash. In particular, I don't really want to put a radio in the Jeep but would instead just like to be able to connect a smartphone or Ipod to a set of speakers in the dash. Has anyone already completed a project like this? Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Keith

kosburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

I was thinking of something similar just haven't acted on it. At first I was looking at amps with Bluetooth connectivity but they ran more expensive and louder than I wanted. Then found Bluetooth adapters that connected with a radio or amp. I will probably go that route with a small cheap amp instead of radio.
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
TDiddy
1979 CJ5 

Here's what I'm doing...

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/334

It mounts from behind and looks original, but is iphone/Bluetooth capable.
TDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
james04si

1977 CJ5 

If you don't mind a single cable to plug into the headphones port of your iPod/phone you can get a regular 2/4 channel amp and a RCA Y to 3.5mm cable and plug it directly to the amp and control the volume from the iPod/phone. I've had this type setup back in the day with a portable CD player and it works just fine.
james04si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james04si
If you don't mind a single cable to plug into the headphones port of your iPod/phone you can get a regular 2/4 channel amp and a RCA Y to 3.5mm cable and plug it directly to the amp and control the volume from the iPod/phone. I've had this type setup back in the day with a portable CD player and it works just fine.
This is what I have.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.