Curb Idle near 2000rpm - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Curb Idle near 2000rpm

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
hooptyjoop

similar issue

Hey folks. I'm new to jeeps, forums and especially jeep forums so, I too ask for patience and beg for any guidance I can be afforded! Long story short, I'm facing a nearly 2k rpm idle as well on an 85 cj7. Yesterday it would barely idle at all, stalling out several times before it got warm enough to only stall at idle periodically. (Too frequently but I could get going at least.) Took the venturi "cluster" ? apart and cleaned it. There were no bearings in it when I removed it (carefully looking for them.) This was concerning but it obviously ran without them prior. Now that it's all back together it idles like the pedal is to the floor. Right at 2000 rpm. I've tried turning the screws on the carb, adjusting air and gas flow, and get little to no change in idle. Could these be related? Could it have something to do with overcompensating for the low idle when other things were tuned by the previous owner? And what is the impact of having no bearings in the venturi?

hooptyjoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

hoop,

Welcome to the JeepForum.

The first order of good forum etiquette is to fill out your profile as completely as possible. That info will help us help you.

The more info you can provide the better. In this case, the type of carb would be helpful information. Good pics will often save you a ton of typing.

Generally speaking, missing parts in a carb is usually not a good thing.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.