566 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Deeznutz73 
#1 ·
Stats:
1973 CJ5
T15/Dana20
Dana30 front/ 44 rear
Going on 7" SUA......I think

Now that that's out of the way.......
I recently noticed that my cross member pictured below is basically floating between the frame rails. I don't see any bolt holes where it would bolt to and I don't see any tabs or welding marks on it. I know it's what holds the brake line and the E brake cable, but other than that, how important is this and where is it supposed to go? Would removing it then replacing it with some 2"x4" tubing (or something more comparatively sized) be better? Welded or bolted in? Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol I threw that in there as kind of a joke. I'm in the middle of a YJ spring swap. According to a thread on here a while back, there were some measurements taken regarding CJ suspensions. According to those measurements, I had a 4" on mine. So to see what I gained from the YJ swap (using 4" YJ springs and 1" lift shackles), I measured from the center of the tub at the driverside door to the ground and Came up with 24 1/4". After the rear was put back in, I measured 27 1/4" from the same place. So I don't know if it's really 7", but it's looking like I gained 3", apposed to the 2" at max I thought I'd get......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.