cowl defrost dimensions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cowl defrost dimensions

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 05-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
rjcj

cowl defrost dimensions

my cj tub went to the scrap yard fifteen years ago. at that point of my life, i didn't care about defrost. now during my much delayed frame swap (turned full resto-mod), i finally want to address the issues i ignored. so i need to drill and cut the new metal i welded into the cowl.

does anyone know the stock dimensions of the cowl defrost holes?

or

i do have access to a cj windshield frame. i can measure those. but before i measure and cut, can anyone speak to relationship of the size of the holes in the windshield frame to those in the cowl?

rjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
jbond
1983 CJ7 

We happen to have a 83 CJ7 apart right now so I took some pixs but the quick answer is the the holes in the cowl match the holes in the windshield frame. That even makes sense.
jbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
rjcj

excellent. thank you.
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
rjcj

Since when does anything AMC did make any sense? some examples: torx bolts, two-piece axles, carter carburation, two-piece rear mains, tiny blower motors, poor grounds for the front clip, defrost through a windshield frame, axles over springs, front shackles, etc.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.