Couple more questions for the pre-start rundown, ignition, carb, misc questions..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Couple more questions for the pre-start rundown, ignition, carb, misc questions.....

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Blthomas
1979 CJ7 

Couple more questions for the pre-start rundown, ignition, carb, misc questions.....

There is a 3" or so diameter canister on the intake elbow, just below the carb.

Do I need to retain this for anything? Not keeping emmissions except a cat here.

Would like to block it off.

Just above it is a threaded hole, with a threaded plug in it. Would like to get a brass nipple and run either the booster or PCV to this.

Thoughts?

On my MC2100, I have no large port for PCV.

I have to setup the booster and the PCV somehow.

Anyone have a pic of how they did it? I was thinking of drilling a hole in my carb spacer, tapping some threads, and then putting a brass nipple there, running either the booster or PCV from there.

Both would be on manifold vaccum then.

Make any sense?

Fuel tank return line......comes from the fuel filter? (looked in book and got confused)

Distributor vaccum advance, I have this running to a smll vac port on the side of the carb near the fuel bowl. Good on that?

I had done Jeephammer's TFI-HEI hybrid. It's been done for a while now.

I feel like it's all set except I have the old box still plugged in. This gets taken out correct? The HEI module that was wired in replaces this?

(Can't find my directions in the garage, wanted to ask before a major search went underway)

Is there anything that needs to be done on this TFI-HEI hybrid setup?

Jeephammer had me re-route some wires away from the grill support which I did and is not reflected in this pic from last year. Anything else need attendtion or is it OK for now?

I think thats it for tonight, thanks for any help or input.

Unread 06-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
kavephish
1981 CJ5 

PVC on the MC2100 should be on the back of the carb, drivers side.
kavephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
illinicj
1979 CJ7 

I think that 3" cannister would be your EGR valve.
illinicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
Blthomas
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavephish View Post
PVC on the MC2100 should be on the back of the carb, drivers side.
I'll take a look, but I swear I don't think there is one big enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinicj View Post
I think that 3" cannister would be your EGR valve.
Can I delete the EGR valve?

Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.