Corbeau Seats for CJ5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Corbeau Seats for CJ5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #1
ggerdsen
1978 CJ5 

Corbeau Seats for CJ5

Hey guys, I've been looking getting some Corbeau seats but I don't want to lose what little leg room I have. I guess if I want to do it right, I'd cut the fender well and patch it up. I've been looking specifically at the CR1's, A4's and TRS models. Has anyone had any luck installing any of these or something similar?

Unread 07-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Its a great seat and I would suspect similar in size to a stock seat with the adapter bracket you will sit higher and that may compensate any lost room.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
ggerdsen
1978 CJ5 

Which model do you have?
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

The Baja RS suspension seat
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Don't think you need adapter brackets to put those seats in a CJ.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
ggerdsen
1978 CJ5 

Anyone seen these in a CJ5?
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
ioport51
1977 CJ5 

original seats for a CJ5

I have not tried Corbeau seats but have had and tried other after markets to find they restrict leg room and cause the wheel to drag in my lap. too tall and not deep enough. I have returned to the closest thing to original, I believe, there is. seats from a late 70's early 80's chevy work van. very plain Jane and low backed. I found two in a grave yard in fair structural shape, no bent or broken frame. I had the trim shop replace a couple of springs and a bit of foam and cover them with marine vinyl. cost about $300 for the pair. between this and the tilt wheel, I have room to grow, or at least get in and out.
I would hate to spend that much money on something I would have to hate for years to come, I would want to set in one and not just look at it in a catalog.
you may notice there is not a lot of information on available on the dimensions on these seats, thickness, height of back/seat. At this point I expect someone to post specs on every seat ever produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggerdsen View Post
Hey guys, I've been looking getting some Corbeau seats but I don't want to lose what little leg room I have. I guess if I want to do it right, I'd cut the fender well and patch it up. I've been looking specifically at the CR1's, A4's and TRS models. Has anyone had any luck installing any of these or something similar?

Tags
corbeau , seats

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.