Converting a CJ-7 to rock crawler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Converting a CJ-7 to rock crawler

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail *VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #16
PcolaJeeper
1979 CJ7 

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, but I wanted to thank everyone for their great advice. (I was stuck out in the Gulf of Mexico) My CJ has done great in South LA and NWFL, but I was worried about CO. There are a few upgrades that I need, but I'm not as worried that I'll need a full rebuild. (SOA, D44, lockers, TBI, etc) But I think those can be done over time and as needed ... or better yet as funded.

I took the CO maps and went over them with my buddy. Mostly they've done 3-4 rated trails, they have done trails rated in 5-6 but that's not the norm. Plus they usually branch out each day from a base camp, so if there is a trail I can't make, it's just one of many in the area.

Thanks again for all the help. Your advice was great. I'm saving everything on this thread.

PcolaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.