Sounds like you are making good progress. I really like your idea about going the crate engine route. If I had it to do over, that is what I would have done. I spent enough rebuilding the engine I have to have made the purchase of a crate engine a wash.
I think you will like the MORE bombproof mounts. If things don't line up to your satisfaction with the frame bolt holes, you can fab up an adjustment plate between the engine and the mount plate. I think I sent you a photo that showed how I did this on my project. (??) Remember to allow the proper placement of the engine to determine everything else.
I also used the Novak adapter between the SM465 and the Dana 300. Worked perfectly.
Don't forget to reinstall your frame brace under the engine. I forgot to do that on my project and fortunately a mechanic friend pointed it out to me after I finished but before I went wheeling for the first time.
Keep posting some updates. I enjoy reading about swap and conversion projects. Always something to learn from the experiences of the group. Good luck.
81 CJ5 frame-off rebuild - Chev 350 TBI/SM465/Dana300, Tom Woods driveshafts, Superior one-piece axles in 3.54 AMC20, Superior axle upgrades in Dana 30, Rancho OEM suspension parts, ARB lockers front and rear
Last edited by sonoran; 09-11-2005 at 10:07 PM.