compressor/idler/timing cover bolt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > compressor/idler/timing cover bolt

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 07-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
cwillis1
1985 CJ7 

compressor/idler/timing cover bolt

ok... I was changing belts and notice a bold in a bracket missing. I cant figure out if its broke off or just out. The bracket holds the pivot bolt for altenator as well as brackets for compressor/idler pulley. I will post a photo. the bold looks to go through the bracket and into the timing cover and into the block.... the missing one is the closest to the fan pulley. I can run a punch far up in the hole but for the life of me, i cant get a bolt started. Without this, the integrity of the bracket fails and allows the altenator to get out of alignment. let me go get a pic so you can see. oh... 1985 cj7 I6

cwillis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
cwillis1
1985 CJ7 

ok.. I hope you can see the photo. I suppose my question is... what size bolt fits? I would assume it is the same size as the bolt to the left in the same bracket. I have started some pita bolts before but nothing like this. Also, when I run that rod up in the hole, I think that I feel threads
take2.jpg  
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
cwillis1
1985 CJ7 

The missing bolt is where the welding rod is inserted
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

IIRC, 7/16" and I think a spacer was there also. NOT SURE
LG
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.