Which color? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Which color?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
Cinimod2

Which color?

Alright so this spring I plan on redoing my cj in monstaliner. I know some people are against putting that on the outside of a jeep but that's just what I want to do with it. I want to do a two color scheme on it but I don't know if it will be too much. I'm 16 and like to be different from everyone else so I was thinking of putting purple people eater liner on the body of my jeep then do either orange or like green accents like the diff cover, hood latches, roll bar, etc. or my other decision was to do turquoise with orange accents . What do you guys think? Is it going to be too much color and look bad? Any other color options I like to have something that's flashy and vibrant.

Cinimod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Cinimod2

These are the colors I was thinking
image-2592263291.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
19in1979
1979 CJ7 

If you must go with these color combos....go with the bottom set and throw the purple/green combo out the window.

I like the orange Monsta' a lot. And for accent, I would go with either regular black or their Pyroclastic. You don't want it to look like the circus came to town just to "stand out" a little. And rolling up to school or an off-road climb looking like you're driving a clown car is going make people automatically assume your wheelin' skills are "clownish" too.

Go with as loud of a main color as you like and then "accent" it with a darker neutral color - black, Pyro, etc. and then you will stand out without standing out. Get it?

Last bit of wisdom - run all your color choices and combo's by a female - whether it's your girlfriend, a girl friend, your Mom, your Aunt, the barista at the local Starbucks, get the trend? Tell them what you're trying to achieve and ask for their "designing assistance". I guarantee that they will help you pick a combo that people (i.e. other available 'femalius americanus) will like and not laugh at. It's your Jeep just as much as it is your reputation around town - keep them both classy and it's a win/win.

Just my .02 cents. Good luck!

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Wayne [/FONT]

[B]Living the dream at 8,500ft. elevation in beautiful Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado. [/B]
19in1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Cinimod2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19in1979
If you must go with these color combos....go with the bottom set and throw the purple/green combo out the window.

I like the orange Monsta' a lot. And for accent, I would go with either regular black or their Pyroclastic. You don't want it to look like the circus came to town just to "stand out" a little. And rolling up to school or an off-road climb looking like you're driving a clown car is going make people automatically assume your wheelin' skills are "clownish" too.

Go with as loud of a main color as you like and then "accent" it with a darker neutral color - black, Pyro, etc. and then you will stand out without standing out. Get it?

Last bit of wisdom - run all your color choices and combo's by a female - whether it's your girlfriend, a girl friend, your Mom, your Aunt, the barista at the local Starbucks, get the trend? Tell them what you're trying to achieve and ask for their "designing assistance". I guarantee that they will help you pick a combo that people (i.e. other available 'femalius americanus) will like and not laugh at. It's your Jeep just as much as it is your reputation around town - keep them both classy and it's a win/win.

Just my .02 cents. Good luck!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing I figured there would be too much color in those, my original plan was going to be lime green and black I might just fall back on that plan
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

IMO of the colors you stated the Lime Green/Purple would be a better combination. Here is a reference.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I would also agree with asking the females for input, as they can see more colors than males, so they can have a better idea. Plus, the fact that if they like it, future lady-friends may like it better. Just don't tell them your (maybe) ex, local barista, etc. helped you pick it out... jealousy may come to play then

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

The only reason I say to go with something more subtle is because liner isn't as forgiving as paint if you ever change your mind or don't like how it turns out. Bed liners and the like are a real PITA to remove once applied and you'll be cursing the day you decided to do it if you ever want to change it.

When I first bought my CJ I was 16 like you. I painted the shackles, diff covers, shock mounts, u bolt plates etc, etc etc red to match my jeep. Loved it at the time and thought it was the shiznit as the kids say. Now when I see something like that it just looks cheap/cheesy to me and in hindsight it probably attracted the attention of the local law enforcement more than had I just gone basic black on it all. My point is, your tastes will likely change when you get older so save yourself the time and frustration and hold off on doing something like that with liner until a little later.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Cinimod2

I think I'm just going to go with one color it will either be the green or orange still haven't decided that part yet, them ill repaint my bumpers and roll bar black. Maybe the diff covers and drum brakes will get some of the body color on there Idk about that yet

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.