cold start with mc2100 question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cold start with mc2100 question

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 03-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
neal90
1982 CJ7 

cold start with mc2100 question

So with all the help I have received from everyone the jeep is running very well with the new carb... except when cold. When I first start the jeep it turns over and starts but the ideal is only around 450-500 rpm (and than around 650 when warmed up) I have a manual choke that I just installed I have also made sure its working correctly, but there is no change in the rpm if the choke is open or closed. Is there some kind of adjustment on the carb that I'm missing on the choke side of the carb???

neal90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal90 View Post
So with all the help I have received from everyone the jeep is running very well with the new carb... except when cold. When I first start the jeep it turns over and starts but the ideal is only around 450-500 rpm (and than around 650 when warmed up) I have a manual choke that I just installed I have also made sure its working correctly, but there is no change in the rpm if the choke is open or closed. Is there some kind of adjustment on the carb that I'm missing on the choke side of the carb???
Yep, sounds like you haven't set the fast idle cam adjustment, or are not depressing the gas pedal fully after you set the choke to allow the linkage to get to the fast idle cam adjustment. Page 26 of this link: http://street2mud.com/webfiles/MC-21...%20a%20258.pdf

shows the linkage.
scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
neal90
1982 CJ7 

ok I see the fast ideal cam and I closed the choke and made the adjustment and with the choke closed I set it to 1000 rpm. I opened the choke and gave the jeep a little gas and the rpm went down to 650. So that worked but when i closed the choke and started the jeep again it seems like the choke won't close enough to engage the part of the fast ideal cam the steps up the rpms. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong
Unread 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

You have to press the pedal to the floor, pull the choke, then release the pedal if you want to engage the high idle with a manual choke.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
neal90
1982 CJ7 

Thats what I was thinking thanks
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

You also want the fast idle rpm to be about 1800. That makes the next step down about 1200-1300 and then idle.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.