Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #1411
Davidnex
1979 CJ5 

Good work Mike, nothing like an Original idea coming to reality

Unread 04-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #1412
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

*wrong thread

Last edited by my_304_cj7; 04-13-2011 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: *wrong thread
my_304_cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #1413
Carmell CJ
1978 CJ5 

Mike, I've been reading through the entire thread the last four evenings and this is truly a remarkable build. Your investment in time not only with the Jeep, but your dedication to the members of this forum documenting each step is nothing less than stellar. This is something to be very proud of and you deserve it !
Unread 04-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #1414
MSPow
1984 CJ7 

Just saw this thread - VERY nice Jeep. The stripes look great. Stellar job!
MSPow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #1415
boomvader

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Mike,

Fantastic work. That paintwork and subsequent 'how to' thread are awesome! Great job.

Love the cobra and the 5.0 decal!! Nice touch!!

You truly have a one of a kind Jeep and your attention to detail is amazing!! Great to see your rig in the daylight and also with it's HOOD!

Sorry I didn't see these pictures sooner, I guess I have been immersed in my own project.

Boom's CJ-7 Project (Completed in 2011) http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/bo...oject-1085653/
boomvader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #1416
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Must be that time of year that the Jeep projects are starting to come out of hiding as I'm glad to see your CJ is out of the garage and in the sunlight too. Looks great and I would be jealous if you have already started up the engine and took it for a spin around the block.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #1417
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for all of the great comments everyone, I really do appreciate it. Sorry I have been away from the forum for the last week or so as things have been pretty crazy for me.

I did drive the CJ around the neighborhood and got a lot of stares and thumbs up from people. A lot of them have seen me working on it over the last three years in the garage and came by to take a look since it was the first time is was actually in one piece and running. Now I am paranoid someone is going to try and steal it.

The steering seems pretty tight and the brakes feel good. Rolling at 15 mph in 2nd gear, if I jump on the gas, it dry hops the 33's without much effort and chirps them into 3rd as well. This thing is a hoot to drive and has me grinning ear to ear! I'll get a video of it for you once the weather warms up.

I got it titled and insured with temp plates so I can legally drive it around. I got it up to 55mph when driving it to the insurance agent's office for pictures and didn't have any vibrations so my CV shaft took care of my 30-40mph vibration I had before I started the build. All in all, I like the way it drives and I really need to get off my butt and decide what to do about the tires and wheels.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #1418
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

It looks fantastic. Now it's time to get back to brewing so you can forget about the total tab on the CJ rebuild...
Unread 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #1419
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Thanks for all of the great comments everyone, I really do appreciate it. Sorry I have been away from the forum for the last week or so as things have been pretty crazy for me.

I did drive the CJ around the neighborhood and got a lot of stares and thumbs up from people. A lot of them have seen me working on it over the last three years in the garage and came by to take a look since it was the first time is was actually in one piece and running. Now I am paranoid someone is going to try and steal it.

The steering seems pretty tight and the brakes feel good. Rolling at 15 mph in 2nd gear, if I jump on the gas, it dry hops the 33's without much effort and chirps them into 3rd as well. This thing is a hoot to drive and has me grinning ear to ear! I'll get a video of it for you once the weather warms up.

I got it titled and insured with temp plates so I can legally drive it around. I got it up to 55mph when driving it to the insurance agent's office for pictures and didn't have any vibrations so my CV shaft took care of my 30-40mph vibration I had before I started the build. All in all, I like the way it drives and I really need to get off my butt and decide what to do about the tires and wheels.
Was going to make a joke about someone trying to steal it already, but it sounds like that is already a true concern for you!? If you move down here you could sleep with your baby, Mike. I mean, down here, we sleep with all KINDS of stuff. Nobody would think you're strange or anything! In fact, some of US would probably sleep with her... just to help you out! We ain't got no problems here. So let me know if you want me to make reservations for ya.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #1420
twildt
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
You should see me grinning ear to ear right now. A guy who owns a Harley down the street was coming into the neighborhood with two bikes in tow. He's the kind of guy with a bike that has the stupid loud backfires on decel that he does purposefully almost every time he drives by. Well the CJ is in the drive way and I'm messing with the mirrors, he gives me a big smile and a couple head nods. The driver of the second bike goes "that's sweet" to his wife and the lady on the back of the third bike yells out "Is that for sale?".

Mike you have a true success story here man, i think i can speak for everyone here that were proud to see someone like you and your story.

Your dedication was like true american dream come true and your documentation is a full library full of stunning completeness for everyone to use, and of course we can't forget to mention your "let's do it right the first time" attitude and pure talent all jeep owners can follow.

Ahh forget that, words can't sum up your talent and work here man, CONGRATS to your success! hip hip....!

Habitual MSC#2 in summer and MSC#4 in winter.
My CJ Rebuild - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/tas-cj5-rebuild-1130279
My Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/tawildt
Other Pics - http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/twildt/1978%20CJ-5/
twildt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #1421
20fireman20
1980 CJ7 

Wow Mike , If I can do half as good a job as you've done on my build it will come out twice as good as I would have thought possible. Great job with the write up also. It really shows your dedication not just to your jeep but to JF as well.
20fireman20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #1422
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
It looks fantastic. Now it's time to get back to brewing so you can forget about the total tab on the CJ rebuild...
Thanks Ken. I haven't added up the receipts because I'm not quite done but I did have to type a generic parts list of my mods with costs to get the insurance company to give me more than the standard $7000 coverage they wanted to give me. They bumped my coverage to $20,000 with that parts list and pictures of it from a few weeks ago. They told me to bring it back once I considered it "done" to evaluate the policy again.

Two weeks ago I brewed an standard APA with Northern Brewer and Mt. Hood hops. I also took my first stab at a Belgian Triple. It went from a 1.090 to a 1.016 which puts it right at 10% ABV. I was expecting it to finish in the mid .020's but pitched a huge starter of Wyeast 1214 so I guess they did their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Was going to make a joke about someone trying to steal it already, but it sounds like that is already a true concern for you!? If you move down here you could sleep with your baby, Mike. I mean, down here, we sleep with all KINDS of stuff. Nobody would think you're strange or anything! In fact, some of US would probably sleep with her... just to help you out! We ain't got no problems here. So let me know if you want me to make reservations for ya.
We're still dealing with cold weather up here. A week in Florida sounds nice right about now. I'll bet if I did come down, there wouldn't be much sleeping as I'm sure you'd be putting me to work. As far as people stealing the Jeep, some of my neighbors shadier friends came over to look at the Jeep and I got the impression they were casing out my garage. The rear door to my garage only has a standard lock, not even a dead bolt. So I added a couple of those brackets on either side of the door where I can slide a 2x6 across the face and makes it nearly impossible to open, not without making a whole lot of noise and basically destroying the door in the process anyway. That is something I should have done years ago. Locks and security only keeps honest people honest. All we can do is make it as difficult as possible to keep people out and if they do come in, hopefully I'm home and hear it so I can give them a proper greeting with my .40 cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twildt View Post
Mike you have a true success story here man, i think i can speak for everyone here that were proud to see someone like you and your story.

Your dedication was like true american dream come true and your documentation is a full library full of stunning completeness for everyone to use, and of course we can't forget to mention your "let's do it right the first time" attitude and pure talent all jeep owners can follow.

Ahh forget that, words can't sum up your talent and work here man, CONGRATS to your success! hip hip....!

Thanks twildt. It has been a long road with a few set backs and thankfully a lot of success. There is a great sense of accomplishment and pride that comes along with knowing I have completed 99% of all the work myself. Seeing it all come together is really something else. All those sleepless nights of thinking about what I was going to work on the next day and going over it in my head step by step, over and over again. To finally see my master plan that was in my head three years ago parked in the garage is really freaking cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20fireman20 View Post
Wow Mike , If I can do half as good a job as you've done on my build it will come out twice as good as I would have thought possible. Great job with the write up also. It really shows your dedication not just to your jeep but to JF as well.
Thanks Fireman. It just goes to show that with a lot of time, dedication and money, we can accomplish almost anything. I've said it before that documenting the build was a lot of extra work but receiving great suggestions from other Jeepers and reading the comments and all the great feedback along the way is what makes it all worth it. I know I've thrown out a few original ideas that people can use and all the great builds on the JF proves that there is definitely more than one way to skin a cat. Sharing my progress with other passionate Jeep owners who took the time to read the thread and follow along helped to keep me motivated for the long haul. You're in the right place to find help with your build and hope you post about your progress as you move along.
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #1423
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Tailgate

I took the CJ out and filled the gas tank for the first time. That 1" inlet with a 90* bend sure makes for a slow fill. It was trying to click off even on the first pump setting. I had to sit there and hold it at a slow rate for the entire fill. It took around 10 minutes to put in 18 gallons. Kind of a PITA but at least it's not my daily driver anymore like it was in the 1990's. I can deal with that slow fill a few times a year.

I also got the tailgate installed. Here are a few different pictures. The lines came out great. Camera is a little off center.

This almost makes it look like I could keep the 33's.

Still lots of work to do.
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #1424
chet44
Web Wheeler
1985 CJ7 

Beautiful job, Mike. If that were mine, I'd be scared to drive it and maybe get dust on it.
chet44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1425
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Mike I think it looks great with the wheels and tires it has. It's your money though if you want different ones and I'm sure it'll look as good or better if you do get new ones.

Hey on that fill nozzle. I know you're past changing it but for those of us that still aren't that far along I wonder how it would work to move the filler to the side and have a staright shot at putting the gas in. What's your thoughts on that?

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cj7 , frame , paint , welding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.