Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #946
twildt
1978 CJ5 

I didn't know there was a grease hole in the end of that shaft/knuckle.... i just rebuilt my steering shafts and gear and column, i greased what i could but now i want to take it back off and grease it right...

Habitual MSC#2 in summer and MSC#4 in winter.
My CJ Rebuild - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/tas-cj5-rebuild-1130279
My Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/tawildt
Other Pics - http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/twildt/1978%20CJ-5/
twildt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #947
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Very nice! I was wondering how to grease up my old CJ7 intermediate shaft. Now I know! Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twildt View Post
I didn't know there was a grease hole in the end of that shaft/knuckle.... i just rebuilt my steering shafts and gear and column, i greased what i could but now i want to take it back off and grease it right...
I didn't take a picture of it but if you pull off the lower shaft at the gear box and look up the end inside the coupling, there is another small hole to inject grease that will fill up the lower slip joint under the rubber boot.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #948
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Mike it sounds like you had a bad start with the tilt columns. Glad you got it ironed out.

I wonder if allot of them are like that, in that they have some of the same problems. It sure would be nice to have one.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #949
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

The guy I was getting them from said he had never had one returned for that problem in the twenty years he had been in business. I just happened to get two in a row. You can imagine my response to him when the engineer in me started to rant about quality control check lists that should be added to the boxes for the consumer to see. I also reminded him the fact it was costing him money to ship these things back and forth five times before he got it right. His shipping expenses had to be well over 1/3 of the price of the column. I will give him credit for standing up and keep shipping me new ones until it was right.
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #950
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

He's have great customer service if he'd have paid the shipping after the initial purchase. Being in business is more than just taking money from customers. At least he shipped you a good one.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #951
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Yeah, it was a good thing I was not in a hurry for it. I could see others not being as patient as me but in the end he did make it right. I paid $289 with free shipping and he supply's a return label in the box in case there is a problem or if you want to ship back an old one as a core. I think he'll pay you up to $40 for old complete columns.
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #952
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Steering Column Firewall Seal

I got the steering column firewall mount installed with a new seal. I didn't torque them all the way as I might have to make an adjustment once I get the seat and wheel installed.

Here is the top of the seal on the firewall side.

A good picture of the bottom half of the seal. That should keep cold air and other weather off my skinny legs.
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #953
bs369
2010 JK Wrangler 

Everytime i get an e-mail i think to myself, "is it coiz" and when it is i get excited, i then see that there are picture links in the email and i get even more excited. this project is truly amazing and with every little finishing touch you put on this thing i get that much more excited to see the finished product and see that video you post where you fire her up and take for a spin the first time. Have you thought of name yet or does she already have one?
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #954
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

loofing good mike, sitting on the edge of my seat.

I'll bett your getting pretty exited.
cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #955
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

bs369, reading your response gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for following along and your post.

I am getting excited as I finish all the assembly details. It is fun being able to go out and work on the Jeep and not be completely filthy by the time I'm done. Working with clean parts is nice.
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #956
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
bs369, reading your response gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for following along and your post.

I am getting excited as I finish all the assembly details. It is fun being able to go out and work on the Jeep and not be completely filthy by the time I'm done. Working with clean parts is nice.
Yeah, for me too. No more sand and not too much grease anymore!
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #957
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Yeah, it is a shame that it is going to end up dirty. Its a Jeep, it better end up dirty!

Seriously though, top notch beautiful work that you have done here. I am impressed. It will be clean enough to show it when your done.

My Youtube Channel

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
XJAbuzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #958
kwkouki
2004 TJ Wrangler 

when i see a build thread past 50 pages, I usually click through the last 10 just to see pics. but DOOD I just read all 64 pages of this. I couldnt stop!

I was just saying that if someone could bring me a fully restored v8 CJ, id trade them my 04 TJ outright and in a heartbeat. You are the one I hope would be dumb enough to go through the deal
kwkouki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #959
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

The CJ is looking great, can't wait to see it finished and see some vids of it in action
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #960
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
I got the steering column firewall mount installed with a new seal. I didn't torque them all the way as I might have to make an adjustment once I get the seat and wheel installed.

Here is the top of the seal on the firewall side.

A good picture of the bottom half of the seal. That should keep cold air and other weather off my skinny legs.
Those grade 8s look darn good on the firewall!

Tags
cj7 , frame , paint , welding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.