Alright guys, lets see if I can get caught up. As you all know I have been heavy into the wiring. I believe the last picture you guys saw I was somewhere around here. Notice the normal bolt on the upper right battery tray arm going into the firewall.
I decided to turn that into a grounding post for the body and battery. I cleaned up the threads with a tap and scraped off the paint around the hole on the inside and ran a carriage bolt to the outside. I used double nuts to pull the bolt tight then secured the battery tray with a nut.
The two grounds you see there are the main body to battery and two 10 gauge leading to my lights and fans. I add a main frame, blower motor and amplifier grounds there later.
Here is where I have most of the main wiring junction taken care of. Notice I have my fuel pump inertia switch mounted near the top left corner of the battery. The solid red off the battery terminal looping to the tire is to my starter solenoid. The bundle of colored wires leading to the ground is for all the components in the front.
At that point I had to get the fender installed to see how the rest of the wiring would be ran. I've got the fender on with two bolts in the back and one in the front. I'm not sure if I'll want to take it back off to add the convoluted tubing over the harness. Here you see from left to right, the inertia switch, starter relay feed, BJB feed (200A fused) and the main CJ body feed (120A fused).
Another picture with the covers on. Notice I spaced the relay box above the battery out from the firewall with aluminum shims, it makes it easier to get the lid on and off.
It could be done before it just took a bit of work. Even just a couple washers would have worked.
Here is a general shot of the inner fender well. You can see where I intend to put the fan controller and the starter solenoid.
Here is the rough wiring down the fender to the grill. I wanted to keep the wiring outside of the grill to keep me from ever having to cut the harness if I ever had to take it back out.
Another angle from the drivers side. Notice the distributor is pulled and there is an old one in its' place.
I bought one for $20 from the local salvage yard. I mainly only wanted to use it as an oil primer for my engine and was only looking to give him $10. He said he normally gets $50 for them so I paid $20 on the expectation that it has a working spare TFI module. Those are never bad spares to have. I had to knock out the roll pin and get the cam gear off. That was a lot of work! Those cam gears are on there good.
The oil pump is driven off the end of the shaft so all I had to do was install the gearless distributor into the engine, hook a drill to the top and spin counter clockwise. You could hear the drill spin free for about 4 seconds then met resistance. I let it run for about a minute then stopped, you could hear the oil dripping back into the pan. This way I know the entire engine is pre-lubed before I try to start it in the next couple days.
I've done a few other odds and ends but this is a pretty good update for now. Here is how it sits tonight. Ignore the air cleaner, you aren't supposed to see that yet.
I'll detail that later once I'm finished modifying it. Almost time to start loading fuses in the box to see what happens. I hope I don't let the smoke out.