Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 09-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #511
1983 CJ7 

Those pictures give me flashbacks! I miss my 5.0's so bad and I should have never sold either Mustang, my all time favorite daily driver. You have to be proud, it looks great between the frame rails

Unread 09-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #512
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Thanks Dave. It is pretty cool going from this:

To this:

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #513
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Charcoal Canister

I decided to mount my charcoal canister in the same location as the stock jeep canister. My CJ had never had the emissions system hooked up since I have owned it. Luckily I still had the liquid check valve in the fender well but the rollover valve had a broken nipple(replaced with the DeLorean Part) and the charcoal canister was missing. I picked up a canister out of an early ninety's Mustang and also picked up the canister purge solenoid. Got them both for $5 at the local salvage yard.

It came with this perfect little mounting bracket I had to attach to the firewall with two bolts. I couldn't mount it flush because the top would hit the lip for the floorboard so I added a couple nuts to the bolts to basically turn them into studs and to help space the mounting bracket out a little.

I mounted up the lower fender rock guard and placed the bracket in place to make sure everything was going to fit.

All bolted up, it is mounted pretty solid.

You can see how I spaced it out just a bit farther with a couple washers. They also distribute the load on the mount a little better. The canister has a lip on the bottom where it slides into the mount then locks in with a single bolt on top.

I got rid of the stock green plastic tubing and connected it to the 1/4" steel vapor line from the valves in the rear with standard fuel injection hose. I zip tied the canister purge valve to the brake lines. I'm not overly pleased with that spot but it appears it will work fine and should not cause any problems. The line from the manifold to the valve is also connected. I'll get the wiring sorted out when I get to that later.
Unread 09-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #514
motiv8ya
1979 CJ7 

Very nice, you and 243 are so detailed with your work!
motiv8ya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #515
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Mike the engine looks great sitting in place. I remember years ago the Accell wires were the thing to have. I bet they work fine. Keep up the good work my friend!!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #516
Exposed

1981 CJ5 

Mike, you are at the best part to me in the restore, putting it all together..
It is looking great.....
81 CJ5, Ford 331 EFI, AX15, D-300, Dana 44 (Detroit Locker)....

When there are more people voting for a living than working for a living,
We are DONE as a Country!!!!!!

Newly Acquired 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #517
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Absolutely Beautiful! I love your headers.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #518
o2tj

2001 XJ Cherokee 

autocomputerexchange.com can reprogram you comp the loose the evap monitor and program.
o2tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #519
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Hey there, Coiz. I've got a question for you. My 5.0 accessory package up front has an idler pulley way down on the passenger side front that is coming too close to my up CA mount... I think I may need to lose it.

What setup is your 5.0 out of and does it have AC with it?

Thanks, Jim
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #520
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have been working on the wiring quite a bit lately. Lots of electrons flowing through my brain. I'm up to around 50 splices with solder and adhesive heat shrink. I should post some details on that later.

Jeepsterjc,
Mine was out of an early 90's Mustang. I don't have A/C but I remember having to buy the A/C eliminator kit to clean it up and provide an easier belt routing. I see all of the other 5.0L on here with a different belt routing than mine. They all have the long run between the crank and the alternator. I routed it so the long run, which is shorter overall, is between the power steering and the crank. I am pretty sure my overall belt length is considerably shorter than theirs. Mine is a 6k703, so six rib 703 cm long. I don't have any type of idler in the area you described.
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #521
Exposed

1981 CJ5 

Since Mike does not have A/C, here is a couple shots of mine... Hope they help...
belt-1.jpg   web9.jpg  
81 CJ5, Ford 331 EFI, AX15, D-300, Dana 44 (Detroit Locker)....

When there are more people voting for a living than working for a living,
We are DONE as a Country!!!!!!

Newly Acquired 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #522
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

^^^ That is the belt routing of the stock 4L 6 cylinder.
Unread 09-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #523
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

I've got about 80% of the wiring done. Just getting the grill back together so I can finish off the wiring to the cooling fans and the head lights. Also waiting on a couple parts for my gauges to finish up the dash.

Headed to Miller Park on our chartered bus to watch the Cubs/Brewers game today. I hope to post some updated pictures sometime tonight or tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #524
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have been working on the wiring quite a bit lately. Lots of electrons flowing through my brain. I'm up to around 50 splices with solder and adhesive heat shrink. I should post some details on that later.

Jeepsterjc,
Mine was out of an early 90's Mustang. I don't have A/C but I remember having to buy the A/C eliminator kit to clean it up and provide an easier belt routing. I see all of the other 5.0L on here with a different belt routing than mine. They all have the long run between the crank and the alternator. I routed it so the long run, which is shorter overall, is between the power steering and the crank. I am pretty sure my overall belt length is considerably shorter than theirs. Mine is a 6k703, so six rib 703 cm long. I don't have any type of idler in the area you described.
Thanks for the picture. That front end of your will certainly clear both of my upper control arm mounts on the axle. Shopping time for me now

edit added- And thanks for the link to the A/C Emilinator kit at Ford Racing. It may dome in handy. Also- it looks like my F350 Power Steering Pump may be the same bolt pattern as the Mustang... It would be great if it fit in place.
Unread 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #525
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Since Mike does not have A/C, here is a couple shots of mine... Hope they help...
OK, thanks very much. i just read your build thread and suddenly fee very tired! Awesome. I think I have an extra interference issue with my hybrid frame coil towers... Oh well- I'll sort it out. Thanks again for the pics.

Tags
cj7 , frame , paint , welding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.