Thanks but I didn't know people where "given" memberships. I give to the community just not monetarily.
So I had to sand down the grill, tailgate and top of the hood to remove the bits of binder from the faulty paint. I also had to scuff the rest of the parts because it had been longer than 72 hours since I last sprayed. It is mostly just more wasted time but it does actually help make the paint job just a little bit smoother. So I finally got to start spraying the HP White. Of course everything has been washed with pre-clean and wiped with a tack cloth. Here is the grill after two coats of the HP White.
The tailgate is looking good.
The windshield frame is a little difficult to work with. Don't forget that lower edge is covered by a seal. That lower lip adjustment is what we call FFF, Final Fit and Finish. That's usually performed with a hammer.
The hood is looking solid.
I was originally only going to paint all the pieces that had white and black together during the first session. I had planned to leave all the white only panels (fenders, dash and roll bar) until another weekend. We'll things seemed to be going well and I had some paint left in the hopper so I figured what the hell, I'll try to knock out a few more pieces at the same time. So I quickly cleaned the fenders and dash. Here are the driver's side fender and the dash in primer sanded to 600 grit.
Driver's side after three coats of HP White.
Here is the passenger's side in primer.
After 3 coats of HP White.
One of the dash ready for clear coat.
This is a good view of the driver's side rear corner.
One last picture of the entire passenger's side of the tub.
At this point I was rock'in and rolling feeling pretty good! Time to pull out the rolls of tape and go to town working on the racing stripes.