Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy - Page 114 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Coiz 1979 CJ7 Frame Off Resto; picture crazy

UCF Tax Refund Sale - Last One of the Year!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #1696
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

this is one of the nicest build threads on the forum. I was drawn into this thread first because of the great metal patch information early in the thread, but wow the wealth of knowledge here is overwhelming!

Great job

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #1697
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Here are a few more. You can see the sun went behind the clouds.

Just noticed I forgot to put my AMC Jeep emblem on.

Great pictures Mike.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #1698
mvbrady
1986 CJ7 

SWEET RIDE....if your ever in NM, I definitely want to race you.
mvbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #1699
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Mike, I was looking thru your beginning pages but couldn't find, but do you have any shots of your exhaust down pipes? Did you buy them somewhere or made them up? Also did you go with 2.5" pipe and did you use an X pipe or H pipe? Lastly who's mufflers did you go with? Thanks
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #1700
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
That's the nicest CobraJ I've ever seen. Nicer than my project will likely turn out!! Wow.
I don't know, I have a feeling your project is going to be quite the head turner. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeryii View Post
That... is... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor1 View Post
Mike look like it came off the showroom floor
( you need to do something about the license plate
Thank you. What's wrong with my license plate? You know it adds ten horse power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
Mike, do the D-rings rattle at all? Where did you pick those up?

You did an awesome job from start to finish on this project. AAA+++
I did hear one of the rears rattle on the bumper when I had to brake pretty hard for a light but didn't notice anything during normal driving. I though about adding a small piece of foam to the pin to add resistance so they don't swing freely. Either that or a small piece of black foam to the bumper so they had a cushion if they did hit.

I picked up the D-Rings from Morris4x4 as they were by far the lowest priced at $30 for a pair.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
You mean you're finished?

I think the engine is dripping- yeah- right there. You may need to pull the front clip, drop the axle, remover the seats, lube the sliders and open that 5.0 up for an inspection!
It's not quite done yet. I still have to install my driving lights and finish the wiring to those. I need to finish up the wiring harnesses going to the stereo amps and I also need to work out some interior lighting. I also still need to install the full soft top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1881CJ7 View Post
Mike,

I haven't begun to digest the feast of information in this thread. My only regret is I didn't tune in earlier!!

Your fabrication, documentation, attention to detail, and ability to follow a concept thru to completion has been a pleasure to read and learn from.

I hope you take that beauty out and enjoy it, because you sir have earned it.

Matt
Thank you very much for your comments. I know jumping into a thread with 100 pages is a bit much to take in all at once. I catch myself going back to look for something only to catch myself an hour later still reading the old posts. It has been a long and fun ride for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledochawk View Post
this is one of the nicest build threads on the forum. I was drawn into this thread first because of the great metal patch information early in the thread, but wow the wealth of knowledge here is overwhelming!

Great job
Thank you. I've always tried to make it as educational as possible. I know I've learned a lot of things along the way.

Also, thank you to all of you that have given the thread a 5 star rating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Great pictures Mike.
Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to finishing off the smaller details over the winter. Thanks again for all your help with the modified spring hangers, shims and U-bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbrady View Post
SWEET RIDE....if your ever in NM, I definitely want to race you.
Ha, I think your 4.56's would take me off the line but I'm pretty sure I'd come by at the higher speeds. It wasn't really built to drag race though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Mike, I was looking thru your beginning pages but couldn't find, but do you have any shots of your exhaust down pipes? Did you buy them somewhere or made them up? Also did you go with 2.5" pipe and did you use an X pipe or H pipe? Lastly who's mufflers did you go with? Thanks
I had the exhaust custom made at a little exhaust shop in central MI back in 1996-97. You can see some pictures of just the exhaust here. Since it is a true dual we went with 2.25" to try and keep enough back pressure to help with the low end torque. They also left out the X/H pipe because it was easier on them. It also made it so I could take the two sides on and off without having to cut anything apart. The mufflers are stainless Flowmaster series 40.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1701
yamaguy01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Location: McGuire AFB (Ft. Dix), NJ/Oxford, NC, I can't wait until I get to leave NJ!
Very nice build!
Square Headlights group member #222
Armed Forces Jeeps group member #65
United States Air Force group member #12
Guns and Jeeps group member #10
Ron Paul Jeepers group member #7
yamaguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #1702
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

I also took a walk around set of pictures with the hood up.

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #1703
boomvader

1984 CJ7 

Mike... It is one of the nicest CJ-7's I have ever seen. You went above and beyond, especially with the Ford engine. I love the way your engine compartment looks!! Would love to spend some time in person to take it all in and go for a ride!

Boom's CJ-7 Project (Completed in 2011) http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/bo...oject-1085653/
boomvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #1704
stamp32
1983 CJ7 

very well done...you can throw all the money you want on big name parts but if you engine bay isn't clean and tidy, I ain't interested.
stamp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1705
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Boone County Memorial Garden ? You have a pass to this place or what? Nice job on the Cj!!
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1706
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Mike... It is one of the nicest CJ-7's I have ever seen. You went above and beyond, especially with the Ford engine. I love the way your engine compartment looks!! Would love to spend some time in person to take it all in and go for a ride!

Ditto Boom.

I can't believe your done and driving that beast! Seems like yesterday you were wrinking your fingers in the wet sand! I am in love with the louvers!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #1707
boomvader

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp32 View Post
very well done...you can throw all the money you want on big name parts but if you engine bay isn't clean and tidy, I ain't interested.
X2!! Very well said!!!

Boom's CJ-7 Project (Completed in 2011) http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/bo...oject-1085653/
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #1708
boomvader

1984 CJ7 

Hey Mike... How about a video of you driving it up and down the road?

Unread 10-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #1709
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Mike, do the D-rings rattle at all? Where did you pick those up?

You did an awesome job from start to finish on this project. AAA+++
Boom, take a 3/4" or 7/8" o-ring (or two) and put it over the clevis screw so it fits between the D-ring and clevis side. Provided the D-ring is a thick one that takes up most of the space between the holes in the clevis, that is.

Ditto on the awesome job. I'm still reading thru all the pages. I like that the entire body is encapsulated with POR-15. I was only going to do the bottom but now I'm rethinking things.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #1710
jopotzner
1979 CJ7 

I've been following this thread for a while, but I needed to comment: That engine looks like it was made to go there.
jopotzner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , frame , paint , welding

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.