Clutch problems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clutch problems?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Clutch problems?

Hey, I have what seems to be becoming a problem. My clutch linkage has always been adjusted out pretty far. Then, a few months ago, I noticed that shifting was becoming harder. I adjusted the linkage out more and it seemed to help. Now, shifting is definitely getting rough again. My clutch pedal doesn't have much play, and the clutch lets out at the top. My linkage is adjusted way out. What is wearing out? I've never worked on a clutch so I don't know much. Could it be worn springs or throwout bearing? By the way, it's a non-hydraulic clutch on a T5 and I checked the fluid already. Thanks for any help.

--scott

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Mudinyeri

Quote:
By the way, it's a non-hydraulic clutch on a T5 and I checked the fluid already.
What fluid did you check if it's not a hyrdraulic clutch? I was thinking all '83's with T4/5 trannies had a hyrdraulic clutch. Hmmm.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
gigihurt

Your clutch disk is worn to the point it will start to slip pretty soon. You will need to replace , I would by a kit with the pressure plate and to bearing and pilot bushing and be done with it. It will make world of diffference
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri
What fluid did you check if it's not a hyrdraulic clutch? I was thinking all '83's with T4/5 trannies had a hyrdraulic clutch. Hmmm.

I was referring to the tranny fluid/oil.

Unread 03-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigihurt
Your clutch disk is worn to the point it will start to slip pretty soon. You will need to replace , I would by a kit with the pressure plate and to bearing and pilot bushing and be done with it. It will make world of diffference

Yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter WHAT is wearing out in there anyway because I'll replacing it all at once. So everyone agrees that the clutch is just wearing out?

Unread 03-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #6
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Bingo...

I have the same setup... got great service and a complete LUK clutchkit from www.dialaclutch.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.