clutch problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > clutch problems

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-06-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
manhattanjeep

clutch problems

Well I got a new linkage put in a couple days ago. But I have another problem. When I was out wheeling last Saturday, the Jeep started lunging and jerking when I would take off in 1st or Reverse. Well I adjusted the clutch, but on the next obstacle the linkage popped apart, and ended up popping apart often. Now that everything is back together, there is no more lunging when taking off in 1st, but it is still there when trying to back up. I am at a loss as to what this may be. I think it may be the throwout bearing, because I am not sure if it was replaced when the clutch was. Flame away, I was scared to tackle a clutch back then. The clutch is only a year old, and has only gotten hot once or twice that I know of, as I am running 32's on 3.54 gears. I plan on driving this 100 miles each way on Monday afternoon, so I would like to have it fixed, so as not to have to find another way to make this trip.

Unread 10-10-2002, 01:11 AM   #2
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check your motor mounts and the transmission mounts. Especially check the transmission stabilizer bushings. If the throw out bearing is bad, you'll hear a lot of noise everytime you push in the clutch.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.