clutch pedal assembly/pushrod help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > clutch pedal assembly/pushrod help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
TetanusCJ7
1978 CJ7 

clutch pedal assembly/pushrod help

Thought I had good pictures of the old tub but don't. Installed the original CJ7 clutch pedal assembly on the 95 YJ tub and it doesn't fit..too long by about an inch. Does that sound right to anyone else who has made this swap? Do I have the pedal assembly at the wrong angle and that is why it is too long? Of course I tried to adjust the pushrod and it is corroded. This is day 6 of soaking in pb blaster. I just want to make sure I have the pedal assemble in correctly. Right now I cannot even get the push rod inside the throw out lever cup.

I am so close to getting this thing going!!! Aaaaaaah!

push-rod.jpg  
TetanusCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Looks correct to me, I would need to see the other side to be sure. As for it being to long, i am not sure about that. If it is frozen up you can purchase new ones or an whole kit that includes the whole assemble for around 60.00 from places like jeepdoc.com, 4wd.com or quadrete.com. PO of my jeep added a 4 inch body lift and mine was adjusted way out. Hope this helps jc
80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
aero mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
TetanusCJ7
1978 CJ7 

thanks aero. I just looked at the quadratec kit for around the same price. I just wanted to make sure that I put it back in correctly. Mine is adjusted way out and frozen there.
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
TetanusCJ7
1978 CJ7 

PB blaster to the rescue (over about 6 days). Just broke it free and is now adjustable! Does the rod just sit against the throw out rod with pressure or should there be a clip or something to keep it from flopping out?
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetanusCJ7
PB blaster to the rescue (over about 6 days). Just broke it free and is now adjustable! Does the rod just sit against the throw out rod with pressure or should there be a clip or something to keep it from flopping out?
Just sits against the arm. thetension of the clutch spring holds tension on it. jc
80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
aero mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
TetanusCJ7
1978 CJ7 

got it, thanks!
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Fuzz21
1985 CJ7 

I just bought the kit from jc whitney for 59.99 and yep no clip just sits there. that was the only thing i forgot to take off before i removed the old tub sooooooo thats why i had to replace the entire thing.... it broke!!!
1985 CJ-7, 258 w/a weber carb and HEI, 2.5"lift w/32" tires, 1/2"shackle lift, Dana 300, T-5, AMC 20 w/one piece axels, and Dana 30, YJ tub swap w/CJ tailgate, chevy blower motor upgrade, homeade body sliders, flush mount LED taillights......much more to come!!vaamedic152@comcast.net

"And on the eigth day, Man created BEER!"
Fuzz21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.