Clutch Master Cyl part number needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clutch Master Cyl part number needed

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
8valve
1997 ZJ 

Clutch Master Cyl part number needed

I have searched as best I can on a 24.4K dial up.

I have a 82 CJ7, the serial number decodes to the original engine as a 2.5L.

I am doing a conversion and have bought a new clutch master and slave. I bought a NAPA NCF 72308, which their book shows for the 2.5L engine. The problem I am having is that the Clutch Master Cylinder push rod is to short. When the salve is mounted on the firewall and the clutch pedal connected, the clutch pedal is about 1/2 ways to the floor.....compared to the height of the brake pedal. The clutch master works but since it does not have full stroke, I am not getting good dis-engagement.

In measuring the Clutch Master, from the inside of the mounting flange to the absolute end of the push rod at the eye end is 4.926" I figure I need a Clutch Master with a push rod about 1 inch longer to get full pedal and have the pedal the same level as the brake pedal.

NAPA evidently sold me the wrong Clutch Master, but its the only one they show in the book. Can someone tell me the correct part number of a 82 CJ7.

Thank You

8Valve

Toy Box; http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple
8valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
8valve
1997 ZJ 

Bump

Hope someone can help. I need to get this fixed tomorrow.

8Valve

Toy Box; http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple
8valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
wrongway92407

1986 CJ7 

The 2.5's used a hyd clutch the 6cyl used a bell crank and linkage. There used to be a kit for a conversion but I don't remember who made it. You might with parts Mike in Ca. you didn't say what you were converting to.
86 CJ7 2.5 detroits, OBA 4.56, air tank bumpers, w/D rings,9500I warn 31x10.5x15, Trxus
86 CJ7 bone stock, w/factory 44 never seen the dirt soon to be for sale
87 Wrangler also never seen the dirt.
wrongway92407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.