clutch linkage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > clutch linkage

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-30-2002, 08:01 PM   #1
manhattanjeep

clutch linkage

Does anyone out there have any links to a custom clutch linkage. I already have a heim where the throwout rod meets the bellcrank, I am planning on puttin one at the other end too. I need a new pedal to bellcrank rod. Also I keep breaking the ball joints at the body. Does anyone have any alternate setups to get rid of this ball joint. I have thought of making a new bell crank with a rod running through it using bearings, I have also thought about trying to use a heim out of the firewall to go around a fitting welded onto the bellcrank I already have. Thanks for any help.

Unread 10-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #2
werewolf7111

I experimented with several methods and heres what i found works best

for the bellcrank- fab you one with 1/2" water hardened drill rod for the center( thru shaft)and make a sleeve that fits over it ( any machine shop will bore you one for almost nothing)

for the rods- use B-7 threaded rod for the adjuster and drill rod for the pedal

hope it helps

joe MSME, PE.
werewolf7111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.