clutch installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > clutch installation

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 07-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
tera1298

clutch installation

How do I know if I put the clutch disc on properly. There is a flat side and a side that sticks out,I put the part that sticks out on the fly wheel side ,becaue it fit better and the clutch disc cover would have of hit the springs when the clutch is engaged,their seemed not to be to much room between the springs and the clutch plate,please tell me that i did not install this wrong, the clutch is very tight, any other ideas why the clutch would be very firm

tera1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #2
mxg342
1984 CJ7 

Its been years since I've dove into a clutch job on a CJ but I can tell you that the spring pack (the side that sticks out) of the clutch disc usually faces the pressure plate. Did the disc say anything about flywheel side. The usually stamp that somewhere on the clutch disc.
'84 CJ-7 Junkyard TBI 360/T18/D300, 4" 4WDH Lift, D44 front with ARB and HS/D44 Rear w/ Detroit, 4.56s, 36" Iroks, TFI, TJ flares, Homemade rocker guards and bumpers with swing out, Optima Yellow Top, M8000, York OBA, 6pt cage
"when you're up to your *** in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention is to drain the swamp"
mxg342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #3
CSP

The clutch disc is usually stamped "front" or "flywheel" somewhere on the center ring.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.