clutch firmness - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-17-2003, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
tera1298

clutch firmness

I just put a rebuilt transmission,pilot bearing,throw out bearing,clutch plate,clutch cover assembly in.To get the transmission into gear i have to open the clutch rod adjuster all the way and the clutch pedal is very firm,Is this the way it is supposed to be with all new parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

No thats not the way it is suppose to be something is wrong for sure. I cant really tell you what is wrong honestly there is not enough info but I might take it to a trans shop or the place you bought it from and have them take a look and they will probably tell you what is wrong or at least piont you in the right direction.

Sacramento Jeepers Group #1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.