Clutch brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clutch brackets

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 03-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Newbjeep
1972 CJ5 

Clutch brackets

So I took my jeep out for the first time and I poped out the little knuckle lookin peice that's down near the motor and lost my clutch for a while and when I puh my clutch down now it so hard it makes my body lift up a little bit althought I'm missin a couple body mounts on the drivers side any one know of any good ideas on how to make the clutch mount stronger and easier to push in

Newbjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Newbjeep
1972 CJ5 

The knuckle peice is part of the clutch assembly btw
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

You MUST have those body mounts in. I saw a CJ that was so rotted, that when you pushed on the clutch, the body would rise, rather than disengage the clutch! Ya gotta have the mounts in anyway, might as well do it up right.
Good Luck!
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Newbjeep
1972 CJ5 

Ya I know I gotta get them in I got some in my garage
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Newbjeep
1972 CJ5 

So will that knuckle bracket strong enought I am kinda already foot and while wheeling I tend to pop the clutch quite often to get over stuff my buddy told me that the way the bracket is set it won't hold up to my abuse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.