Clutch alignment tool - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clutch alignment tool

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Clutch alignment tool

Hey,

While i had my jeep down i figured i would inspect clutch and all. Everything looks good should be about 3000 miles on it. But now i have to assemble and have no align tool. Having harder time that i thought it would be. I can't just search on ebay for my vehicle. Can anyone help me find the right one to use? There are a lot of GM styles. 76' /232/t-150/stock clutch

Thanks!
Jarod

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Your T150 has the same specs as a Ford T18 or a NP435 , 1-16" x 10 spline and a 17mm pilot tip. The Ford T18 and NP 435 are just shorter on the shaft. Should be easy to find one.
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Hey Jarod,

IIRC, Autozone sells them for less than 3 bucks. Sure if you gave them your year & info they can find it. They call it a clutch alignment tool like you do.

Good luck!
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
x3 all they are is a tapered wooden dowel. In a pinch on my Chevy years ago I made my own by eyeballin' it.
turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Orielly,s Checkers, has one by Pioneer for 4.49 part number TAT5304
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Gotcha! Thanks guys.... first time to install a transmission so wasn't too sure. Wish me luck!

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
arkiemurph
1985 CJ7 

I just turned mine on my wood lathe out of a broomstick. Easier just to buy one, though, unless you're miles from a parts store.

Murph

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.