Clifford Performance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clifford Performance?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #1
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Clifford Performance?

Anyone deal with Clifford Performance before?
I tried to send them two emails and they got bounced. Their website is just dreadfully put together.

I can't imagine they went under... maybe I should just go the old fashion route and call them....

Unread 05-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Call them, they never answered any of my e-mails also. Not the most pleasant people to talk with. They will ask for all the engine details, then proceed to tell you that if you don't install part x, y, and z that you are only going to get 50% of the engine potential. I guess when they are the only ones selling what you need, you can be kind of a *******.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Did u end up using any of their stuff?
Unread 05-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

I was pleased with mine.They will not answer their email,I know.The only problem I had was the pushrods where to short.Other than that all is well,and powerful.I went with the 60over kit.
Blue Jeep Club Member #134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQ_AE6iqis
http://www.freedomoffroad.org
CJ7Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:58 AM   #5
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Pleased with mine what exactly.
I was considering their dual output header for the 4.0L Head I have.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #6
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

The only thing I bought from them was an intake. Don't know anything about the exhaust stuff they sell.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #7
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Is that their intake that they claim increases horsepower by 25%?
Unread 05-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #8
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

Jadams68,
sorry I should have explained more.I used the complete engine rebuild kit with 60 over pistons.Had the original 4.2 head shaved and the block shaved (zeroed out I think?)Of course the block was honed out 60 over.You have a choice of 3 cams to go with this kit,and I chose the 272.I do drive it everyday.They told me to install 350 small block intake and exhaust valves and I used the dual header.Also added an x pipe right after the header.They said that would add even more torque.Before the rebuild I had very little power,now I have a ton.I cannot compare this kit to others,because this is the only one I`ve rebuilt,but it made me happy with the results.
Blue Jeep Club Member #134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQ_AE6iqis
http://www.freedomoffroad.org
CJ7Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Thanks CJ... that was what I was looking for. I just wanted to find someone who could vouch for their exhaust headers...
Unread 05-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams68
Is that their intake that they claim increases horsepower by 25%?
If they claim 25% from an intake alone, what a pile of crap that is but they seem to exaggerate their products.

It's an aluminum, water heated intake for using a carb on a 4.0. So you don't have to rig a 258 intake. Also, the Clifford unit has only one vacuum port beneath the carb for booster or EGR and 2 coolant ports for CTO or whatever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.