Clean and rust-proof the engine compartment??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clean and rust-proof the engine compartment???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
norbete

Clean and rust-proof the engine compartment???

All....as you may have seen my recent posts, I just bought my first 1984 CJ-7, all original, in great running condition, mostly rust free.

I have ordered Monstaliner and I am about to get a good coating on the tub.

The next project will be to tackle and protect the engine compartment. What is the best way to clean it without damaging the wiring etc....and once clean, how do I protect the metal inside the engine compartment (without pulling the engine)???

The chasis looks to have been coated by the previous owner. I need to adress protecting the engine bay....then the wheel wells and underside of the tub.

Any suggestions? Is that spray on engine cleaner junk?

norbete is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.