Clay's Build Thread - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #856
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Beautiful blue spot everywhere you look for like 20 seconds... good times!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #857
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Scott are you headed to young harris tomorrow? I live pretty close to there and we have about 8" of snow right now. Good luck and drive safe, be sure to watch out for everyone else out there we aren't used to driving in this stuff much either.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #858
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
Scott are you headed to young harris tomorrow? I live pretty close to there and we have about 8" of snow right now. Good luck and drive safe, be sure to watch out for everyone else out there we aren't used to driving in this stuff much either.
Shane- Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a little worried about driving in the snow with my entire family in the car. The only experience I've had with it was back in the 80s while in college... we had about 4" while in Rome, and we had a ball driving around, but I almost clipped an oak when my K5 slid off the road! There was no way to stop it. I don't want that to happen while on vacation with the kids.

HOWEVER! Kid #4 has just acquired a fever! Four kids with fevers at the same time. We WERE heading to YH tomorrow... but I think plans have changed at this point!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #859
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Does anybody have any convenient "looking down" pics of the top of your grill? I believe the PO notched/cut Clay's grill to allow replacement of the radiator... at any rate, this is what it looks like, and it's ugly! Maybe I'll get to weld something on Clay's rig afterall!?
img_3874_1.jpg   img_3875_1.jpg   img_3876_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #860
benullman
1981 CJ7 

sorry, no pics, but that looks cut out. mine is just a boxed area that you slide the raditator into.

Ben
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #861
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
sorry, no pics, but that looks cut out. mine is just a boxed area that you slide the raditator into.

Ben
Ordinarily, to replace the radiator, wouldn't you have to pull the shroud, maybe fan, etc, and pull it from the inside?? Ben, if you get a chance, can you post a pic?

Unread 12-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #862
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Ordinarily, to replace the radiator, wouldn't you have to pull the shroud, maybe fan, etc, and pull it from the inside?? Ben, if you get a chance, can you post a pic?
how ironic, I JUST put my front end back together today.

1. bolt on the grill
2. slip in the radiator
3. slip the shroud around the fan (give it the shimmy)
4. bolt it all to the grill.

I am almost done buttoning up the whole front end and moving onto the dash. I have closed up shop tonight but ill snag some pitcures tomorrow!

Ben
Unread 12-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #863
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
how ironic, I JUST put my front end back together today.

1. bolt on the grill
2. slip in the radiator
3. slip the shroud around the fan (give it the shimmy)
4. bolt it all to the grill.

I am almost done buttoning up the whole front end and moving onto the dash. I have closed up shop tonight but ill snag some pitcures tomorrow!

Ben
Thank you, Sir!

Unread 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #864
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here ya go sir...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #865
raperfam
1977 CJ7 

nice build so far, I have spent the last hour and a half reading all the post, great pics, and im sure your proud of Clay for getting his hands on alot of the work----great job I will follow from here to the end.
raperfam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #866
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicr1 View Post
Here ya go sir...

Thanks, Bill. I'm glad to see that PO didn't remove much metal at all! Better than I was expecting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raperfam View Post
nice build so far, I have spent the last hour and a half reading all the post, great pics, and im sure your proud of Clay for getting his hands on alot of the work----great job I will follow from here to the end.
Thanks, Bro... I hope we are worthy! Glad to have your insight.

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #867
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Shane- Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a little worried about driving in the snow with my entire family in the car. The only experience I've had with it was back in the 80s while in college... we had about 4" while in Rome, and we had a ball driving around, but I almost clipped an oak when my K5 slid off the road! There was no way to stop it. I don't want that to happen while on vacation with the kids.

HOWEVER! Kid #4 has just acquired a fever! Four kids with fevers at the same time. We WERE heading to YH tomorrow... but I think plans have changed at this point!
Sick or not, we're heading to YH. There will be 12 of us in FIL/MIL's house. NINE of them are sick, including my four boys! Me, my wife, and my MIL are the only ones NOT sick. PLEASE! Tell me why... EXPLAIN to me... THIS IS NOT GOOD SENSE!

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #868
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No, not good sense, but what I have realized is that we often do things that don't make sense because if we used logic and chose not to do those things, we would end up in more misery (the dog house) than by enduring the thing that we shouldn't do in the first place.......

Or something like that...

Now, as for the grill, looking at yours, I am still trying to figure out what those reliefs would accomplish. At least with my radiator, it just sits in the opening, and it attaches to the grill on the outside. Was the radiator mounted inside so the engine/tranny/tc could be pushed forward a few inches?

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #869
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicr1 View Post
No, not good sense, but what I have realized is that we often do things that don't make sense because if we used logic and chose not to do those things, we would end up in more misery (the dog house) than by enduring the thing that we shouldn't do in the first place.......

Or something like that...

Now, as for the grill, looking at yours, I am still trying to figure out what those reliefs would accomplish. At least with my radiator, it just sits in the opening, and it attaches to the grill on the outside. Was the radiator mounted inside so the engine/tranny/tc could be pushed forward a few inches?
Right on the money, Bill!!

The relief cuts were done by the PO. In a strange and twisted sort of way it makes sense! And I can say that it works... PO cut the reliefs to enable him to slide the radiator up. Remove 4 bolts and up and out.

Unread 12-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #870
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Clay looks good with the helment.

The primer made the fenders look good even if it did show an imperfection. I'm sure you'll get that taken care of.

If you need any more grill pictures let me know, mine is pretty easy to get to right now.

A house full of sick people. Guess you'll see how well your immune system is working. You know years ago parents used to take their kids to a hime where the other kids had the measels so they could catch it and get it over with. Hope everyone is getting better!!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.