Clay's Build Thread - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #826
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know the feeling, worked graveyard for 8 years... I started to feel like a zombie after a while!!! That is one thing that sucks about being in the city. I got no where to go that I can work on my Jeep at 4am. So i would sit around and watch movies or play video games, and I don't like playing games!!!

Shoot and talk about dog house, being up all night and being a zombie all day was a quick trip to the dog house for me... hope this doesn't land you back there!!! good luck!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #827
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Yes, go hunting!!!

I went this morning, peeked out the back window and saw two *fat* Fox Squirrels on my bird feeder. One down and another to go...I love CB Shorts for backyard pest control. Suckers are mowing down a pound of black sunflower every two days so thinning the herd is necessary and tasty.
You're right! CBs are great. Didn't you say you had a 39A?? Super quiet with CBs!! And those long-tailed rats!! I can't tell you how many times I have "started" in the woods because of the noise a squirrel makes thrashing around in the leaves. HMMMMMMM.... CBs... quiet... tree rats... bird feeders.... bunny-hugger neighbors... hhhhhmmmmmm... (imagine an evil, wicked-looking smiley, wringing its hands!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicr1 View Post
I know the feeling, worked graveyard for 8 years... I started to feel like a zombie after a while!!! That is one thing that sucks about being in the city. I got no where to go that I can work on my Jeep at 4am. So i would sit around and watch movies or play video games, and I don't like playing games!!!

Shoot and talk about dog house, being up all night and being a zombie all day was a quick trip to the dog house for me... hope this doesn't land you back there!!! good luck!!!
Nope. Not me. I just walked back in the house around 4:30 this moring. Went over to my sweet sleeping wife, woke her up, shook the fiberglass dust all over, explained how she now had to get up anyway, so she should make me some breakfast and coffee! You just gotta know how to talk to 'em!

You wanna hear another one!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #828
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Nope. Not me. I just walked back in the house around 4:30 this moring. Went over to my sweet sleeping wife, woke her up, shook the fiberglass dust all over, explained how she now had to get up anyway, so she should make me some breakfast and coffee! You just gotta know how to talk to 'em!

You wanna hear another one!
That would so not work out here... the women are too liberal!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #829
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Hope you have an internet connection in the doghouse, you are going to be lonely without the wife and Jeepforum
Unread 12-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #830
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man, it's funny that we were talking about not being able to sleep... I worked OT last night, sposda get off at midnight cuz I work at 6am. Felt good, figured I'd stay til 1, ended up getting stuck til 5... once again ZOMBIE!!! I hate this feeling!!! I don't know how you stayed awake all day!!! Oh yeah, I took today off!!!! I'm getting old before my time!!!

Unread 12-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #831
motiv8ya
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Hope you have an internet connection in the doghouse, you are going to be lonely without the wife and Jeepforum
Not a problem for me my system is wireless and my dog house is fully insulated, has A/C, Power, and water. No need for a toilet either because when sleeping with the dogs you can just do as the dogs do...
motiv8ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #832
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Well, I've been saying we were going to get the fenders primed this weekend, but it just didn't happen. It rained all day Saturday, which was a good thing, and today the high was 47. So no painty! Clay and I finished prepping the fenders and they're READY for paint... if that day ever comes. I spent most of the weekend cleaning in the shop. I can't believe how quickly it gets dirty, and I mean DIRTY. I hate it!

So here are the fenders as they sit right now. Since this pic was taken we sanded with 150 grit to smooth out the glaze. They are now ready for HB primer.

And...

Clay scored this at a yard sale for $40! We had to have a place to put it, and it involved some serious reshuffling of the shop.

This side cleaned up well. I hope I can make the rest of it look good.

Started to get the garden ready. Time to plant onions.

Hilling discs I use to pull up the beds.

The deer are already in the garden! All you have to do to bring in deer is just till the ground... they will come.

Onion beds pulled up.

My favorite toy! This thing is a beast!! Everybody should have one.

Since the build is so slow right no, I hope you enjoy the miscellaneous pics. Only 6 more days until Christmas... are you ready!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #833
1983 CJ7 

The fenders looks great, the garden is huge and the Ford needs a chrome straight-pipe
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #834
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
The fenders looks great, the garden is huge and the Ford needs a chrome straight-pipe
And 1500 additional HP!!

Thanks. I really want to get the fenders primed, but once they are done I don't know where/how I will store them until finish coat time. I don't have the space in the shop. I'm worried they, and the hood, will get dinged up as we walk around them.

Unread 12-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #835
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

stick them in an attic or tie them to th shops rafters out of the way
cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #836
Davidnex
1979 CJ5 

Nice find, you can always use a bench,with storage
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #837
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
stick them in an attic or tie them to th shops rafters out of the way
DUH!! I'll look into that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidnex View Post
Nice find, you can always use a bench,with storage
Yeah, Clay was pretty excited about it. He started grinding on it right away, so he can paint it! He has one or two tools in each drawer, but we all know just how fast you can fill up a tool box!

Unread 12-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #838
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

So you've got the hood and fenders ready to prime. That's great! Clay's bench looks right at home, great buy on it too. You might consider making the shop bigger Scott, We all have that problem it seems.

I really like the attachment on the Ford. That makes some real nice rows for planting. These farmers around here would admire how straight you got them.

Your dirt really worked up good too. Looks like it might have a bit on sand in it. Around here we have allot of clay in our soil and boy it's hard to do anything with.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #839
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can NEVER find any deals like that!!! That is a very nice bench/storage thingy!!! I love the tractor pics... I was looking through old photos the other day and I came across the ones I took of my oldest when he was like 9 months old... I had him sit in the loader of our tractor... So cute!!! Made me miss the property we had... Not all the toiling in the field though... I do wish I had more room in my garage, but then again, I'm not moving back out of the city just for a shop... But yours looks nice!

Unread 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #840
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
So you've got the hood and fenders ready to prime. That's great! Clay's bench looks right at home, great buy on it too. You might consider making the shop bigger Scott, We all have that problem it seems.

I really like the attachment on the Ford. That makes some real nice rows for planting. These farmers around here would admire how straight you got them.

Your dirt really worked up good too. Looks like it might have a bit on sand in it. Around here we have allot of clay in our soil and boy it's hard to do anything with.
The hood has been primed. It is waiting patiently for something else to get primed! My plan is to get everything primed and ready for paint, then paint everything at once. The shop is 28X26. I can't believe it is too small! No way... I just have to figure out how to store stuff. Of course, having Jeep parts laying around doesn't help! I can move some stuff outback, like the extra D30.

The toolbar is a big help. I have several different things I can put on it to cultivate. And our soil is nothing BUT sand! No clay here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicr1 View Post
I can NEVER find any deals like that!!! That is a very nice bench/storage thingy!!! I love the tractor pics... I was looking through old photos the other day and I came across the ones I took of my oldest when he was like 9 months old... I had him sit in the loader of our tractor... So cute!!! Made me miss the property we had... Not all the toiling in the field though... I do wish I had more room in my garage, but then again, I'm not moving back out of the city just for a shop... But yours looks nice!
I seldom find deals like that too. Although I did get a NIB tap and die set for $8 at the same yard sale. Actually, my wife called me and asked if I needed one. It goes up to 7/16. I have a good wife!!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.