Clay's Build Thread - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #796
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Clay is done with all his classes... YAY! He worked on fenders today We'll see Saturday how well he did. He is pretty concientious. Hopefully, we'll be primering the fenders and then starting the grill.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #797
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post

How much land and how much money??
5 acres, the house and the shop but don't know what they're asking. Maybe 60-70 K

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #798
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Having come from south Florida, I was "attached" to the ocean too. I am/was an avid saltwater fisherman, with a 22' flats boat. I fished every week for many years. Moving up here ruined my fishing addiction, but it sounds like we can all come over to your house!?

Come on over, my doors are always open to company!!!! Bring the Jeeps, and Jim's entire shop!!! I am now about 2 hours away from the ocean, but there are plenty trails between here and there, with plenty of nice views of the ocean and to the ocean. I'm gonna look for some of my old Jeep pics, I think I have a few with some views of the ocean in the background.

If I didn't love taking the fam out on lakes, I would consider moving to Hawaii!!!

And where are the pics of Clay's progress???

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #799
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicr1 View Post
Come on over, my doors are always open to company!!!! Bring the Jeeps, and Jim's entire shop!!! I am now about 2 hours away from the ocean, but there are plenty trails between here and there, with plenty of nice views of the ocean and to the ocean. I'm gonna look for some of my old Jeep pics, I think I have a few with some views of the ocean in the background.

If I didn't love taking the fam out on lakes, I would consider moving to Hawaii!!!

From what I have seen of the California pics I agree you are in some beautiful country.

As far as Clay's progress... ... Saturday!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #800
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Clay is done with all his classes... YAY! He worked on fenders today We'll see Saturday how well he did. He is pretty concientious. Hopefully, we'll be primering the fenders and then starting the grill.
Lokking forward to seeing the work.

My build thread
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #801
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Hey Bill if I bring my shop I think that'll make me a little more than a visitor.

My build thread
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #802
adkmehrman
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
5 acres, the house and the shop but don't know what they're asking. Maybe 60-70 K
5 Acres a house and shop for 60-70K is that for real? where the heck is it? 5acres with a house and shop where i live would be around 200K my god I wish i could move.
adkmehrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #803
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkmehrman View Post
5 Acres a house and shop for 60-70K is that for real? where the heck is it? 5acres with a house and shop where i live would be around 200K my god I wish i could move.
Shoot, when I bought my 2.5 acres just before the market peaked, I paid $529k!!! Im glad I got out before the crash!!! It's still worth almost $300k... Housing in Ca is another joke!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #804
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkmehrman View Post
The building the shop could be in has an open front and no concrete floor. Add a floor close it in and insulate it and you'd have a nice shop. Might cost 12 K to do that. There's some good prices around here right now, even some of those are forced sales due to people losing thier jobs and such.

Oh it's in northeast Missouri. Rural area.

My build thread
Unread 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #805
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Hey... I got 3000 sq ft, brick, and shop and you can have it for $220!!!

Unread 12-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #806
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Hey... I got 3000 sq ft, brick, and shop and you can have it for $220!!!
You gonna be my new neighbor.
Man I wish that were the case, I'd have a good one then!!

My build thread
Unread 12-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #807
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

wife wants to know the sQ. footage, and the bed and bath count on the house. I need to know the sq. footage on the shop, thanks
cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #808
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

It's Friday night and I have nothing to do, so I went out to the shop to do a little glass work. Clay is watching a movie with the family... Jake turned 19 today, so it's kind of a party.

After reforming the fenders, AJ suggested we fill the void on the backside. Clay stripped the cardboard and got it ready. I'm not worried about the remaining cardboard... it is now part of the fender!

I pulled apart some 1 1/2 oz mat to stuff in the void, or groove. This will add strength to the repair.

I'm using a little hobby brush to get the resin and fibers pushed down into the groove. You will want a cheap, throwaway 2" brush for the later strips.

Here is a pic with some resin brushed into the groove and the fibers added to it. The resin will help hold the fibers in place until you are ready to coat it completely with resin.

Here's what it looked like after the resin was coated over all the fibers. My fender was tilted and the resin wanted to run down on the inside... made a mess!

Then I cut strips of glass to cover over the fibers and the groove together. This repair will keep the original repair from separating from the old glass.

Here it is done. After it kicks off I will sand it quasi-smooth and get it ready for splatter paint.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. That's good! We need it, but if it doesn't, Clay should be sanding and getting ready for primer. More pics to come.

Unread 12-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #809
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You made that look easy!!!

I tried to glass a speaker box once... resin and fibers everywhere!!!!

Unread 12-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #810
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
You made that look easy!!!

I tried to glass a speaker box once... resin and fibers everywhere!!!!
You should have seen the cat!! Had to wipe my hands on something...

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.