Clay's Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #61
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Here are the final pictures in the sequence.

pipe-plug_1.jpg   plug-in_1.jpg   top-stud_1.jpg   heli-coil_1.jpg   loctite-weld_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #62
1983 CJ7 

I knew a guy like AJ when I was a kid, his knowledge of all things automotive was incredible! It seems like no matter what snag I had working on my cars and trucks, he knew exactly what tool I needed to retrieve from his tool chest and the problem was solved quickly.

He smoked too, and after stepping on a half dozen lit cigarettes over the course of a summer he taught me to wear shoes in the garage
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #63
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I knew a guy like AJ when I was a kid, his knowledge of all things automotive was incredible! It seems like no matter what snag I had working on my cars and trucks, he knew exactly what tool I needed to retrieve from his tool chest and the problem was solved quickly.

He smoked too, and after stepping on a half dozen lit cigarettes over the course of a summer he taught me to wear shoes in the garage
I am always amazed at what AJ knows. His shop looks like it is empty, yet it is full. It is always neat, and mine is always trashed. He has everything at hand, including a full machine shop (his equipment is at his other shop, not moved in to his present home/shop). He was showing Clay some of the automotive paints he has leftover from his painting days, including pearls and metal flake. He told Clay he would paint his Jeep for him, and they were talking about doing it in flip-flop. I love working around him just to learn something new. When we left, Clay was talking about getting involved in sprint car racing... AJ has one that he said he would sell Clay!!

AJ smoked pretty heavy up until he had is larynectomy, but he has quit. That surgery changed his life.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #64
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Today the plan has changed! Wife started us off with a couple of "from-scratch" quiches... one bacon, one sausage. We were planning on painting Clay's rear axle after church. Then my oldest son became ill. Then my wife became ill. Quiches went out to the 'yotes, along with the bacon, sausage, and eggs... let them throw up. Who is next?? An...ti...cipation...

Unread 07-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #65
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Now that the family has "settled down", me and Clay got a little worky done! We were going to paint his C20. He had applied rust converter to it some weeks ago and stored it in the shop. But when we got it out to wash it we saw that the pinion seal had been leaking. So I ordered a new one. He degreased the axle again and discovered that he never finished the rust converter the first time... oy veh! So here is Clay at his finest, when he is working on the Jeep. I've included some pics and I have a question..

When installing a pinion seal, is it as easy as removing the nut, sliding everything off/out, pick out the old seal, and pop in the new one? I'll be doing the same thing for the D30 later.

Thanks, ALL
c20-rust-converter_1.jpg   wide-angle_1.jpg  

Unread 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #66
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Dash Layout

I searched for a diagram of the dash layout. I know I have seen them posted, but I can't find the thread/s with diagrams, only discussion. Can someone help out with the diagram? It is a 79 CJ5. I want to get his dash components ordered. Is this showing a clock and tach hole?
img_3103_1.jpg  

Unread 07-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

That's one heck of a man cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #68
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Miscellaneous

Are my old seats good enough for someone to actually want, or should I toss them? And here is a pic of a trailer I scored for $200!
img_3110_1.jpg   img_3111_1.jpg   img_3112_1.jpg  

Unread 07-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #69
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Your photos are great. Keep 'em coming!
Unread 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #70
yellow85cj
1985 CJ7 

Dash lay out Jeep CJ Dash Parts & Components

The little hole next to the tach hole is where an upshift light was on my 150.
Unread 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #71
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow85cj View Post
Dash lay out Jeep CJ Dash Parts & Components

The little hole next to the tach hole is where an upshift light was on my 150.
Wow! I was just on Morris' website ordering parts. I never thunk to look for a dash layout. Thanks very much. I was also wondering about the hole you mentioned. Was the shift light related to the Tcase or tranny? I see plastic plugs on my Tcase where I thought shift sensors might go.

Unread 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #72
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
Your photos are great. Keep 'em coming!
Thanks, Ken. Photos I got! We may never actually drive this thing but we can sit around and look at photos!!

Unread 07-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #73
yellow85cj
1985 CJ7 

I think the shift light was probably computer controlled as opposed to mechanical.

I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams and see what goes where.

I thought that they were AMC 150 related and not 258.
Unread 07-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #74
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow85cj View Post
I think the shift light was probably computer controlled as opposed to mechanical.

I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams and see what goes where.

I thought that they were AMC 150 related and not 258.
My D20 has two spots where it looks like electrcial sending units would install over the shift rails. There are plastic plugs in them now.

Unread 07-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #75
1983 CJ7 

That is a beast of a trailer!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.