Clay's Build Thread - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 11-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #691
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Guess who brought home the first meat of the season? My 11 YO busted this cull buck for his first one ever! 130 yards with my 30-30, one shot, 115#. Proud of him!

Only one thing to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
my dad got some rediculously large heater on sale (made for 50x100' space) and its in our 20x20 garage.
Ben
Oh, I want one of those heaters. My shop heater (single burner heater that attaches to a propane tank) barely kept me warm until the sun took over.

Why does it take 6 months of hot weather to look forward to cold weather, but only 5 min of cold weather to look forward to hot weather?

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #692
1983 CJ7 

It gets cold in Florida???

I thought all ya'll see is bikini's day in and day out...at least that is what they show on TV
Unread 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #693
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Looks like you're going to be busy with deer meat for a while Scott. Nice buck! Great shot too. Looks like you have a happy son there.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #694
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglekeeper View Post
Only one thing to say:

Oh, I want one of those heaters. My shop heater (single burner heater that attaches to a propane tank) barely kept me warm until the sun took over.

Why does it take 6 months of hot weather to look forward to cold weather, but only 5 min of cold weather to look forward to hot weather?
My shop is a converted pole barn. The eaves are open. It blows right through. You'd have to strap the heater to your butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
It gets cold in Florida???

I thought all ya'll see is bikini's day in and day out...at least that is what they show on TV
Umm... a bikini around here would be cruel and unusual punishment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Looks like you're going to be busy with deer meat for a while Scott. Nice buck! Great shot too. Looks like you have a happy son there.
Definitely have a happy boy! I'm just very thankful we were able to find it. It ran ~20-30 yards into the thick woods.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #695
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I had an awesome evening today! JCAL73 rolled into my driveway for a brief visit as he passed through my area. It was a real blessing to meet Jeff and share some time. I can tell you that Jeff is one of those kinds of guys that knows his stuff, and he pitches right in to whatever you are doing at the moment. He tested my oil pressure gauge and we learned that it is good. We also learned that the oil pressure sending unit probably is not! He found a couple of things under the hood that are installed incorrectly, and he also found a D44 laying on my floor that he wanted! So we made a trade. Yep... I'm real glad "Ol Jeff" showed up! Thanks for taking the time, Jeff! BTW- Jeff picked up the D44 with one hand and set it OVER the tailgate of his truck !!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 11-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #696
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
he also found a D44 laying on my floor that he wanted! So we made a trade.
Soooooo.... what did you get Scott???? 100 hrs free labor?
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #697
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Soooooo.... what did you get Scott????
Jeff let him walk away with all his body parts

Ben
benullman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #698
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott, I think a guy that could put a dana 44 over the tailgate of a pickup would be very good to have as a friend! Not to mention he sounds like he knows about Jeeps.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #699
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Jeff is a hoss! I'm glad he's a NICE guy!! The 44 was the NT I took off of Clay's rig. I installed WT axles, so the 44 was obsolete to me. I put it on CL but no bites. He asked about it, and when I told him it was available his eyes lit up, and he started stammering something about asking Eddie if it was a good one to build!! Eddie=Besrk! BTW- Jeff speaks highly of you Eddie. So he got the D44 with 3.73 gears and he gave me a Lockrite locker for my 20! YAY!! I am happy...

Too bad it's deer season. Gotta hunt...

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #700
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Good trade!
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #701
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
So he got the D44 with 3.73 gears and he gave me a Lockrite locker for my 20! YAY!! I am happy...
Nice!
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #702
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
I had an awesome evening today! JCAL73 rolled into my driveway for a brief visit as he passed through my area. It was a real blessing to meet Jeff and share some time. I can tell you that Jeff is one of those kinds of guys that knows his stuff, and he pitches right in to whatever you are doing at the moment. He tested my oil pressure gauge and we learned that it is good. We also learned that the oil pressure sending unit probably is not! He found a couple of things under the hood that are installed incorrectly, and he also found a D44 laying on my floor that he wanted! So we made a trade. Yep... I'm real glad "Ol Jeff" showed up! Thanks for taking the time, Jeff! BTW- Jeff picked up the D44 with one hand and set it OVER the tailgate of his truck !!
Scott,
I would like to say thanks for your hospitality.
You are one lucky man!
You have a wonderful home, gracious wife and smart well mannered children.
My wife wants the recipe for the onion rings!(me too!)
I was honored that you would have me and hope I get a trip down your way again soon!
The world needs more folks like yall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Scott, I think a guy that could put a dana 44 over the tailgate of a pickup would be very good to have as a friend! Not to mention he sounds like he knows about Jeeps.
The tailgate on my service truck is only 8 inches tall!
Most of what I know about jeeps has come from here!

Quote:
Jeff is a hoss! I'm glad he's a NICE guy!! The 44 was the NT I took off of Clay's rig. I installed WT axles, so the 44 was obsolete to me. I put it on CL but no bites. He asked about it, and when I told him it was available his eyes lit up, and he started stammering something about asking Eddie if it was a good one to build!! Eddie=Besrk! BTW- Jeff speaks highly of you Eddie. So he got the D44 with 3.73 gears and he gave me a Lockrite locker for my 20! YAY!! I am happy...

Too bad it's deer season. Gotta hunt...
I'm no hoss, he is just being nice, I'm just big bonned!

I'm in time-out over the 44. No more projects until after the baby comes!

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #703
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post

I'm in time-out over the (insert part name here). ....!

Jeff
That's funny. We've all be there.

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #704
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Right now I'm golden!!! My kids are at the age that they keep asking me AND mommy when they are gonna get to ride in daddy's jeep!!! Aparently mommys unlimited ruby JK isn't cool anymore!!!

And I went and spent $300 of my Jeep fund on her Jeep since it was having electronic throttle control issues... Stupid technology!!! And I got to put tires on it soon... So this spring when I drop $1500 on 38's, she can't say a darn thing!!!

There is a method to my madness!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #705
yellow85cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post

The tailgate on my service truck is only 8 inches tall!

Jeff
Jeff, is that the service TRUCK with the BOOM on it?

We're not talking P/U here guys.

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.