Clay's Build Thread - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #676
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
Scott, the DA is used on pretty much everywhere. I set mine at 100 PSI (8cfm) andI vary the speed with the actual lever. Just feel it out you will get used to it.

Ben
10-4... thanks, Ben. I'll try it.

Clay had primed the dash with rattle can. There were sanding marks from the 60 grit sanding disc he used! So we had to skim coat it. I told him to hand sand it lightly with 80, then we'll shoot it with the HB primer. The PO wrecked the hole for the radio. I'm wondering if Clay would be better off with a panel to cover it up? How big are these instrument panels that I see on so many dashs? They don't look so big in the pics, but looking at Clay's dash, they must be bigger than I thought!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #677
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Why not one of these from Double D Fab. He does excellent work!

CJ Center Dash Cover - Double D Fab
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #678
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post

Double D does great work! I'm going to have him build me a full custom dash when I get the money.
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #679
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post

Oh yeah... thanks for the link. Liking the angled dash look!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #680
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Guess who brought home the first meat of the season? My 11 YO busted this cull buck for his first one ever! 130 yards with my 30-30, one shot, 115#. Proud of him!

Nice finish to an otherwise marginal weekend!
img_3751_1.jpg   img_3752_1.jpg  

Unread 11-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #681
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Man I could use some deer sausage!
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #682
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
Yeah... we can use it too!

Unread 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #683
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Oh yeah... thanks for the link. Liking the angled dash look!
That's who made mine.

MMMM Sausage!

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #684
nedmoore

1982 CJ7 

Nice cull buck! I couldn't go to my lease this weekend, had to attend a conference. Guys on my lease shot a 8 and a 9 point and some piggies.
nedmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #685
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
Quote:
Yeah... we can use it too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post
MMMM Sausage!

Jeff

ok, now that my mind is out of the gutter.

wheres the progress scott?!

Ben
benullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #686
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
wheres the progress scott?!

Ben
Well... considering all of the redundant pics I have posted about the hood, I thought I would give y'all a break with the dash! It is sitting on the workbench with a skim coat waiting to get sanded and primed. The temp around here has dropped significantly (for OUR area!) and the highs are hitting the mid 60s (comfortable to many of you, but dad-gone COLD to me!). That inhibits Bondo work and primer apps. Temps should be climbing into the 70s the latter part of the week.

Since I won't be hunting the next couple evenings we should be able to get the dash primered.

Clay removed the pieced-together rollbar from the tub. He still has to pull the pedal assembly and the trailer lights the PO used in place of stock lighting. The tub is double-walled and in good shape. However, the bed area is very thin, like an old FG boat floor. I'll probably flip it and reinforce with some kind of stringer system.

Unread 11-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #687
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmoore View Post
Nice cull buck! I couldn't go to my lease this weekend, had to attend a conference. Guys on my lease shot a 8 and a 9 point and some piggies.
I hate it when work gets in the way of fun!

Unread 11-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #688
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Well... considering all of the redundant pics I have posted about the hood, I thought I would give y'all a break with the dash! It is sitting on the workbench with a skim coat waiting to get sanded and primed. The temp around here has dropped significantly (for OUR area!) and the highs are hitting the mid 60s (comfortable to many of you, but dad-gone COLD to me!). That inhibits Bondo work and primer apps. Temps should be climbing into the 70s the latter part of the week.

Since I won't be hunting the next couple evenings we should be able to get the dash primered.

Clay removed the pieced-together rollbar from the tub. He still has to pull the pedal assembly and the trailer lights the PO used in place of stock lighting. The tub is double-walled and in good shape. However, the bed area is very thin, like an old FG boat floor. I'll probably flip it and reinforce with some kind of stringer system.
It was 55 and I primed to day. Its not the temperature of the air, its the temp of the paint, and thing being painted. I kept it in the 65-70 garage and then took it out to spray it and bought it back in.

my dad got some rediculously large heater on sale (made for 50x100' space) and its in our 20x20 garage.I can keep it at a consistent 85 inside with it being 40 or lower outside. I used it to CURE paint last year. I set it to 90 and let it run in the lean to paint booth I made.

Ben
benullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #689
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

If I am rattle can painting I always warm the can in a bucket of hot water for a while before I start. Makes the paint flow much better.
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #690
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Guess who brought home the first meat of the season? My 11 YO busted this cull buck for his first one ever! 130 yards with my 30-30, one shot, 115#. Proud of him!

Nice finish to an otherwise marginal weekend!

GREAT JOB!!!!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.