Clay's Build Thread - Page 358 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #5356
mikeyboat
1979 CJ7 

Nice Scott!

Yall get your leak fixed?

That snake looks mad, but great shots of it

mikeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #5357
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Nice pics. I wish I had a place to go off road. Having a place across the street is fantastic! It used to be like that when I was a pup and into dirt bikes, but all those places have houses now
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #5358
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

This was my last encounter with a rattler. He was pretty tasty too!
270084_224976817536519_3485835_n.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ha...build-1409432/
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #5359
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
I'm just screwing about I have almost lost my cj drive! I think I need an intervention!
Figured you were, but you being YOU!?!? I was thinking you were maybe fixin to teach me something new!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboat View Post
Nice Scott!

Yall get your leak fixed?

That snake looks mad, but great shots of it
The head gasket continues to weep. Ima let it! Clay has a NEW leak now. Looking like it is from the Tcase, and it's dripping onto the exhaust pipe. I'll get into it over the weekend.

The snake buzzed a couple of times, but he wasn't really threatened. Had it been in my yard I would have killed it, but I invaded his space, so he lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee View Post
Nice pics. I wish I had a place to go off road. Having a place across the street is fantastic! It used to be like that when I was a pup and into dirt bikes, but all those places have houses now
Technically, since it's state land, I don't think we are supposed to be riding in the woods. It isn't posted, and there are no signs of any kind, but common sense says I should at least inquire. So we just did some very simple stuff so as not to damage anything, except a couple of rotten logs. It's a beautiful area, and it goes on and on and on. Clay has fun, and it was his first-ever time "wheeling". Now he is asling for the opportunity to do it again! So maybe we can get our Jeeps together and down to Ocala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback View Post
This was my last encounter with a rattler. He was pretty tasty too!
You have rattlers in PA!?!? Or were you on some adventure somewhere? I never suspected you had poisonous snakes up north!! Especially Canebreaks! Thought they were southern snakes?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #5360
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Oh yeah, lots of rattlers up here! One of the local sportsmans clubs even has an annual rattlesnake hunt. We got those, and copperheads. Maybe a few others that I can't think of right now.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ha...build-1409432/
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #5361
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Clay graduates tomorrow from Florida Gateway College. He has earned a 4.0 and an AA degree in general engineering with two NCCR welding certs and NCCR Core Curriculum Trade Skills cert. Summa Cum Laude and Who's Who in American Colleges. I am very proud of that boy.

Just braggin a bit! I will miss him when he is gone.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #5362
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Scott,

Clay's accomplishments are a testimony to his upbringing. You should be proud, and give yourself a pat on the back.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #5363
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Clay graduates tomorrow from Florida Gateway College. He has earned a 4.0 and an AA degree in general engineering with two NCCR welding certs and NCCR Core Curriculum Trade Skills cert. Summa Cum Laude and Who's Who in American Colleges. I am very proud of that boy.

Just braggin a bit! I will miss him when he is gone.
That's awesome! Tell him I said congratulations

Is Clay going to pursue a bachelors in engineering afterwards?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #5364
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Great job on Clay's part!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #5365
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Congratulations to the whole Kerr family! Like Matt said...it had everything to do with his upbringing.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #5366
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
.. AA degree in general engineering with two NCCR welding certs and NCCR Core Curriculum Trade Skills cert.
Congratulations! That sounds like a solid start with practical skills and knowledge that should lead to good employment. Some kids today have a $75,000 Art History degree, no job prospects, and no great options.

Quote:
I will miss him when he is gone.
You assume he's leaving.
Unread 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #5367
Darksidehybrid
1980 CJ5 

Congratulations, thanks for sharing such heartwarming news!
Unread 05-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #5368
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Atta boy Clay! And, yes, it's all about the parents these days...

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #5369
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Sort of an update...

Clay is learning about true responsibility while at UF. He is having to make his own decisions and learning the value of prioritization. He got involved in Ultimate Frisbee, flag football, and the robotics club. He is staying up late to get his studying done (5 classes= full load). Being me, I have been chastising him. He called, in tears, two nights ago. I told him to suck it up! Maybe harsh sounding, but he can't whine about it being hard.

He called me tonight and told me he has an internship opportunity with John Deere. He interviews tomorrow. For you praying guys, please lift Clay up. He is a faithful young man, and he knows he may not win the internship.

I ordered hub nuts, washers, hub socket, and lower steering shaft to see if I can totally eliminate the vibration on Clay's steering. The vibration started yesterday after rotating his tires, like there is mud on the inside of the rim. I see dirt and old grease, maybe the the culprit.

In the meantime, I am TOTALLY LOVING CLAY'S JEEP!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Unread 10-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #5370
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Dad's are supposed to be tough. Glad Clay is learning some important lessons. One of these days he'll thank you for not letting him whine. You mean Clay has a Jeep???? They say that possession is 90 % of ownership you know

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.