Clay's Build Thread - Page 342 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #5116
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenicwalker View Post
Yep. Watched it. Did a little dance.
Made me smile! Thanks, Luke.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #5117
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Go Scott! Its Youre Birthday!

I heard it run! Its true!
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #5118
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Got the power steering pump installed, but I broke the pulley! Can't get the center bolt loose to remove it!!! I assume you can buy the pulley separately?? Maybe have to get another JY pump. Other than that it is ready for a belt and a real run test.
Even though it looks like a Allen head bolt, that is actually the shaft of the pump. The pulley presses on/off. You'll need to rent a puller/installer.

Glad you got it running! I was about to mention the grounds when you were searching, but I am so far behind here you already figured it out. The voltage readings on both sides of the coil made me wonder about a ground issue...

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #5119
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Even though it looks like a Allen head bolt, that is actually the shaft of the pump. The pulley presses on/off. You'll need to rent a puller/installer.

Glad you got it running! I was about to mention the grounds when you were searching, but I am so far behind here you already figured it out. The voltage readings on both sides of the coil made me wonder about a ground issue...
Geeeez, no wonder I can't get the "bolt" loose! Ruined a perfectly good pump. Guess I'll hit up the JY one. more. time!

And I'm glad to have figured out the ground issue. I'm glad it was something I was capable of figuring out! Glad the computer is a good one, too! Thanks, Rick.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #5120
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

A co-worker wants to trade me this KSG for my '97 Astro van. The Astro could use a paint job, and it needs tires. It also has 230,000+ miles on a good running 4.3. Wifey says "Why do you want that? To have?" I really don't need it, but it would look cool in my hands while I make up excuses to "clear the house!" I DO need tires on my 7, and the Astro represents those tires! Clayton and Jacob BOTH say "DO IT"! Holds 15 2 3/4, Site mark Red Dot, tactical sling, carbon-fiber cheek piece. It has been back to the factory for a recall on a previous feeding issue which is now repaired. The OP is a tactical gun nut, and a good guy. Reviews say it kicks like a mule. He says no. He's a little guy. Whaddya think?
ksg.jpg

Unread 07-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #5121
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You need tires more than another gun. I think the gun will be around later.
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #5122
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140
Tires sir
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #5123
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Here's something to think about. Will the shotgun get you to work safely?
What are the odds of a Zombie attack?
Me thinks your needs outweigh your wants.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #5124
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

No personal experience, but some of the guys got to play with the Kel-Tec at an advanced breecher's course they went to. Their reviews were less than stellar. To be fair, it was when they FIRST came out, and I know they have fixed some of the problems, like failure to feed. I'm a gun guy to the core, but gotta go with tires this time.

Keep in mind, as soon as I hit "send" I'm gonna go clear the house with my Benelli just for fun. :-)

Some things are beyond rational. CJs and guns are two of 'em.

Pics of the tires, or video burning thru all 15 rounds, please!
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #5125
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Forget that piece of junk and get tires. Then save up your money and buy a real shotgun like a Remington 870 and put an extended magazine tube on it. Then you'd have a tried and true deal, cops been using them for years as riot guns. You're gunna keep screwin around and Bill and me are going to come down there and set you straight. Stay focussed and think tires.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #5126
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Tires sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Here's something to think about. Will the shotgun get you to work safely?
What are the odds of a Zombie attack?
Me thinks your needs outweigh your wants.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenicwalker View Post
No personal experience, but some of the guys got to play with the Kel-Tec at an advanced breecher's course they went to. Their reviews were less than stellar. To be fair, it was when they FIRST came out, and I know they have fixed some of the problems, like failure to feed. I'm a gun guy to the core, but gotta go with tires this time.

Keep in mind, as soon as I hit "send" I'm gonna go clear the house with my Benelli just for fun. :-)

Some things are beyond rational. CJs and guns are two of 'em.

Pics of the tires, or video burning thru all 15 rounds, please!
d-A-A-N-N-n-n-g! Wasn't expecting that! All you thoughtful rational guys. Where's Dave when I need him?

Luke- I read those reviews, and I told the OP about them. He vehemently denies them. Nothing worse than a shotgun that's no fun to shoot. My Belgian Sweet 16 was one of those!

Tires it izz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Forget that piece of junk and get tires. Then save up your money and buy a real shotgun like a Remington 870 and put an extended magazine tube on it. Then you'd have a tried and true deal, cops been using them for years as riot guns. You're gunna keep screwin around and Bill and me are going to come down there and set you straight. Stay focussed and think tires.
Yes, Sir. You're right. Got plenty to choose from, too. Just finished modding an 870 for my oldest son. You know me!

Unread 07-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #5127
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Just a Jeep update, and no need to reply less yuant to...

Stuck a belt on Clay's Jeep. Man... that 5 looks cool with a serp belt! I'd put in a 4.0 just for the serp belt now!! Fired it up. Have cooling now, but no fluid in the pwr steer pump. Duh... Seems to run really good. Can we be almost done!?!? Can't be...

Unread 07-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #5128
1983 CJ7 

Awwwwe hell old man, as soon as I read your post the FIRST thought was the 4.3 project, second was get your tires and an 870 later...sorry buddy, gotta roll with the collective majority in this case

But I am proud of ya, way to stick to it with the 4.0
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #5129
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1611 View Post
forget that piece of junk and get tires. Then save up your money and buy a real shotgun like a remington 870....
This!!!
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #5130
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

Even with my LOVE for my Benelli, I always recommend the 870! So many parts, replacement and aftermarket. Cheap. Reliable. Classic!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.