Clay's Build Thread - Page 341 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #5101
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

A running engine?! My jealousy knows no bounds. We visited another (closer) church today. What a great message on meekness- apparently something I could use a good dose more of. Like Jim said, remember the things we did at 19? Great job Scott and Clayton. I'll call you this week- I start my new job this week STAY AT HOME DAD!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!! CJ here I come!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #5102
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok lets get her slinging some of that mud you have after all that rain!!!! Way to go!!!!
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #5103
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #5104
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

by far one of the happiest moments of my JeepForum life...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #5105
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
A running engine?! My jealousy knows no bounds. We visited another (closer) church today. What a great message on meekness- apparently something I could use a good dose more of. Like Jim said, remember the things we did at 19? Great job Scott and Clayton. I'll call you this week- I start my new job this week STAY AT HOME DAD!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!! CJ here I come!
Humility is one of the toughest lessons we will ever learn, if we're lucky enough to learn it! It takes a lifetime. Looking forward to your call. We'll see just how much time you get with the CJ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140 View Post
Ok lets get her slinging some of that mud you have after all that rain!!!! Way to go!!!!
Believe it or not, the sandy hill that I live on perks the water right on down. 22" of rain this year, at one time, and in an hour after it was over it was all gone! But I sure would like to have it where it COULD sling some mud! Trying to decide if I am going to pursue this more or take it to the shop I use and let them finish it up. Time is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Thanks, Dada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
by far one of the happiest moments of my JeepForum life...
You and me both! Thanks, Mike.

Here's a cigar for each of you. A good Monte Cristo...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #5106
1983 CJ7 

Great job Team Kerr

Timing? The TBI requires static timing to be set to "zero" and the ECM handles it from then on...is the 4.0 the same?
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #5107
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Checked my notes. I see ground. Ground!? What's a ground? I don't need no stinkin' ground... it's SITTING on the ground. It says "Check PCM ground". So I did. There are three of them. NONE of them was connected. So I connected them. Guess what? I HAVE A SPARK AT THE PLUGS!!!!! THANK YOU, JESUS! You get the Glory.

I. AM. SO. HAPPY!!!!

Isn't that the 5th wire of the "five wires to fire?" Good job! Now I've got to get mine running so I don't fall too far behind
SLO_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #5108
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Great job Team Kerr

Timing? The TBI requires static timing to be set to "zero" and the ECM handles it from then on...is the 4.0 the same?
Yep... it works the very same. Miscalculating on the CPS location could really play havoc with it too, and it was all Clay's baby! Went out there tonight, plugged up some large vacuum leaks. Battery had been charging. Tied up the wiring a to neaten it up a bit. Turned the key. VRROOOOOM! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA.....................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_Ken View Post
Isn't that the 5th wire of the "five wires to fire?" Good job! Now I've got to get mine running so I don't fall too far behind
5TH, 6TH, 7TH, AND 8TH, I think! Without your input, Ken, I wouldn't be AHEAD OF YOU!! Sorry, Dude. I'm not racing. Your help was integral!

Eating supper and then going to go listen to the Jeep run for a bit. Radiator is now connected.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #5109
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Awesome!

B
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #5110
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

What a beautiful sound it is I'm sure
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #5111
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Video or it never happened.
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #5112
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Video or it never happened.
You have to go back to the future Paulie! It's on the previous page. You can disregard the second video. I have that figured out now.

Unread 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #5113
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

This post? It takes me to photobucket but no video. Guess I don't get to hear or see it running. Very sad....
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #5114
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
This post? It takes me to photobucket but no video. Guess I don't get to hear or see it running. Very sad....
Yeah, dang... works for me! Anybody else have a problem with the video??? Maybe it needs more time to load???

Me'n Clay were working on it this evening, and I removed the rubber boot from the TB. Found we had stuffed a paper towel down inside. YIKES!! Thankfully it was still in one piece!

Got the power steering pump installed, but I broke the pulley! Can't get the center bolt loose to remove it!!! I assume you can buy the pulley separately?? Maybe have to get another JY pump. Other than that it is ready for a belt and a real run test.

Unread 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #5115
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

Yeah, dang... works for me! Anybody else have a problem with the video??? Maybe it needs more time to load???
Yep. Watched it. Did a little dance.

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.