Clay's Build Thread - Page 328 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #4906
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper the ECM has one plug on it only?
If thats the case then the pin out I posted should be the ticket.
If this is not the case take pictures of the ECM and harness where is goes to the bulkhead connector.
Yes... one plug. My big question is which wires to connect where at the bulkhead connector. I need to splice the correct XJ wires to the CJ connector so when I turn the key the right stuff happens. The computer has to get power, the fuel pump has to get power. I'll get pics probably Friday. I am going to be off Friday thru Monday. WOOHOO!!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #4907
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

What year is clays '5 again? I have the pin out match up for a '92 & '84.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #4908
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
What year is clays '5 again? I have the pin out match up for a '92 & '84.
JW... Clay's 5 is a '79. The 4.0 engine is out of a '92 XJ. Thanks, Bud...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #4909
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I am pretty sure pins 3,8,9, and 32 need connected. Even if the 84 and 79 are different, you may be able to use that pinnout match he has to help narrow it down for you.

A side note. The OBDII return less fuel rail does not have a regulator on it. The regulator is build into the fuel pump module in the tank for those vehicles. That is actually a dampener to help remove the pulses from the pump.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #4910
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
I am pretty sure pins 3,8,9, and 32 need connected. Even if the 84 and 79 are different, you may be able to use that pinnout match he has to help narrow it down for you.

A side note. The OBDII return less fuel rail does not have a regulator on it. The regulator is build into the fuel pump module in the tank for those vehicles. That is actually a dampener to help remove the pulses from the pump.
Rick, we have swapped everything over to OBDI at this point. Picked up an OBDI fuel rail at the JY last week. Hoping it will do everything I need it to!

Unread 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #4911
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Cutlass I think you hit the nail on the head 3,4,8,9 and well 32 malfunction lamp, well this work is being done by a southern gent who lives at the Crossroads of Malfunction Junction! Do you think that light is a good idea Im thinking it would be on all the time?
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #4912
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

good point!!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #4913
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Oh Ha Ha, you Guys! If I take off my boots I can figure out every one of those wires.

Clay stopped at Metal Masters to pick up some 3/16 steel to weld a mower deck for someone. The owner asked him if he wanted to go to work. Clay is on his way down there now to take a weld test! Please keep Clay lifted up. He is really excited about going to work for Mr. Marshburn, but he will be very nervous!

Unread 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #4914
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Oh Ha Ha, you Guys! If I take off my boots I can figure out every one of those wires.

Clay stopped at Metal Masters to pick up some 3/16 steel to weld a mower deck for someone. The owner asked him if he wanted to go to work. Clay is on his way down there now to take a weld test! Please keep Clay lifted up. He is really excited about going to work for Mr. Marshburn, but he will be very nervous!
We have him covered in thought and prayer. Good luck!

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #4915
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper true, but to get too count to 32 your gonna have to enlist the help of three sons to get that figured out! And then the foot odor may ruin the ECM!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #4916
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
JW... Clay's 5 is a '79. The 4.0 engine is out of a '92 XJ. Thanks, Bud...
OOPS!

The engine is out of a '97! The harness is out of a '92.

Unread 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #4917
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper true, but to get too count to 32 your gonna have to enlist the help of three sons to get that figured out! And then the foot odor may ruin the ECM!
Naw... that ain't gonna work. My kids all got one BIG toe. They get that from Mama. I'll have to get the horses to help me count.

Unread 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #4918
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Hope Clay get's that job.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #4919
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Hope Clay get's that job.
Done deal! Thanks, Jim. He starts Thursday at 7:00 AM. He will be building up a plasma table to start off.

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #4920
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Congratulations to Clay! That'll be a nice project. The boss must have confidence in him to turn him lose on a project like that.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.