Clay's Build Thread - Page 324 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #4846
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
Why does this remind me of Smokey and the Bandit?
East bound and down, loaded up and trucking. We're gonna do what they say can't be done! Got a long way to go and a short time to get there .... look out boy and watch ol Bandit run.

I will never get that dang song outta my head all the way to TN and back now. I'm gonna have to grab a case of coors just to make it fun!

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #4847
1983 CJ7 

Hang in there Scott, good chit happens to good people!
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #4848
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Hey! I get a cookie for figuring out it was Bill!!! Hey Bill, picked up a sweet J20 the other day- I'm slowly catching up!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #4849
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140 View Post
How u going to bring chips without any wheels? I wish you all the luck I can with the interview. The tide will turn , and you have made due with less. Remember he will provide for those in need. I had a astro van there hard to kill.
Yes, sir... He has always taken care of us. I was going to fly the chips to you in my Baron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
Why does this remind me of Smokey and the Bandit?
Made me laugh, Ken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOjmpr View Post
East bound and down, loaded up and trucking. We're gonna do what they say can't be done! Got a long way to go and a short time to get there .... look out boy and watch ol Bandit run.

I will never get that dang song outta my head all the way to TN and back now. I'm gonna have to grab a case of coors just to make it fun!
Made me laugh some more! And TN has better stuff than Coors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Hang in there Scott, good chit happens to good people!
No complaints. My finger nails are uncommonly strong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Hey! I get a cookie for figuring out it was Bill!!! Hey Bill, picked up a sweet J20 the other day- I'm slowly catching up!
If you give a mouse a cookie... he will ask for a glass of milk.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #4850
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Good luck with the vehicle problems

And nice work on ranger of the month
Dadamsnv is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #4851
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

I will bring you some of the good stuff Scott. You won't see these folks on TV.

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #4852
1983 CJ7 

Just thinking outside the box, sounds like a road trip from from FL to IL in a 4cyl hatchback rental getting 30+ mpg would be in for the win, drink a Shiner with Uncle Bill, fold the seats down and lay that puppy over in the back; and, stop by Jim's shop on the return leg.....
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #4853
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Although Bill's offer is sensible, I have decided to be insensible! I mean, I don't want to let anyone down! We are definitely going with the 4.0 in Clay's Jeep. We are putting it together enough to start it on the trailer, where it is currently strapped down. We almost have the harness out of the donor XJ (OBDII), we will pull the water pump from Clay's 258, and we'll bolt the factory bell to the engine for the CPS (Crank Position Sensor). In reading the "Official 4.0 Swap Thread" I read that we can use the 4.0 flywheel, bell, and starter, or swap it all over to the 258, since they interchange. If we swap it over we have to fab a mount for the CPS on Clay's bell. I'm not paying Hesco for the relocation kit! But I didn't know, and I JUST learned, that you have to have a manual flywheel! total bummer So now we are on the hunt for the manual flywheel for the 4.o, since this will mate to Clay's T18. Always something... It looks like, according to Novak, the pilot bushing for the T18 will work without having to buy new. Anybody know if any of this is WRONG!? Save me some money and aggravation and SPEAK UP!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #4854
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

BUMP!!!

Do I have to have a manual flywheel? Yes??

Can I use an OBDI computer with our OBDII engine harness??

Should I find an OBDI computer AND engine harness??

Will I have to change the fuel rail if we go with an OBDI computer??

Questions, questions....

C'mon Big Dogs... I am counting on you!

Unread 05-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #4855
1983 CJ7 

Scottie,

Obi-Wan approves of your test flight procedure for the 4.0, the force is strong with this one....
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #4856
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Eager to hear about youre test fire!

Cant help with any of your questions :-(
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #4857
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

I'm bumping it again, Scooter.

Pretty sure you have to use a manual flywheel. I don't have a clue on the computer wiring or fuel rail. Sorry.

Anyone?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #4858
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper the fuel rail will be good, fer crying out loud its a small pipe with some bungs on it for injectors.
I would call Benny at Hesco he is in yer neck of the woods anyway and see if he has a wiring diagram.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #4859
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Autos have a flex plate that bolts to the torque converter. The flex plate is basically stamped steel that holds the starter ring gear on. Unless the Cherokees are somehow different.
Dadamsnv is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #4860
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper the fuel rail will be good, fer crying out loud its a small pipe with some bungs on it for injectors.
I would call Benny at Hesco he is in yer neck of the woods anyway and see if he has a wiring diagram.
I'm trying to AVOID Hesco!! I'd have to starve my kids for two months in order to buy anything from them! Fuel rails in the OBDI series had a pressure regulator on the rail. OBDII did NOT have a regulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Autos have a flex plate that bolts to the torque converter. The flex plate is basically stamped steel that holds the starter ring gear on. Unless the Cherokees are somehow different.
We definitely have a stamped/formed flywheel. I somehow did not catch that at the start of this conversion. Now I have to track down a manual flywheel. Always something...

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.